Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 Warrior! What a challenge for my first Machine! I bought it knowing that it will only Tow start & needed work to get her to electric start with the button. But if the quad gets warmed up it starts right up using electric start button. I need a new starter clutch I believe. I Checked the spark and its good. Checked Stator and Pickup Coil with multimeter and they are both within spec. I then put a new CDI box on. Still good spark. I had the carb cleaned and rebuilt using stock jet kit by my mechanic. Still same symptoms. The Quad wants to start. Tries to kick over but there's a bunch of weird noises coming from the starter clutch/stator area. Like its not catching and spinning backwards. BUT it will Tow start AND once she's warm she starts with the button no problem! Crazy. So my question is does it seem like I need a new starter clutch? I think I do. And if so; there is an aftermarket kit on EBay for 130$ with one year warranty. With OEM; I can get the three parts I need for 180$. Is it a dumb idea to get the aftermarket clutch kit for my 95 warrior? With the flywheel puller (32$ everywhere) I can save $$ but is it worth it? Has anyone tried an aftermarket starter clutch for a Warrior? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I'm gonna try the aftermarket starter clutch kit. It keeps me in budget and has the warranty so it will at least be on for this season. I'll let you guys know how it works out. Hopefully I can get it started after.

·
8,530 Posts
The factory has no warranty.

THe aftermarket clutch for the 660 is MUCH better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I bought an aftermarket kit for my warrior from ideal. A taiwan company that has a one year warranty. OEM has none yes. But after installing the aftermarket kit I am having problems with a loud clunk after the starter motor engages. Took the Yamaha cover off to watch the crankshaft bolt as I try to start. It spins and then loud clunk. I don't know what I did wrong unless the starter clutch gear they sent is bunk. I'm sick to my stomach I fucked something up changing starter clutch. Did I somehow damage the starter motor? Did I bend crankshaft Trying to bust off flywheel? I used the Yamaha puller and did all work by the book. Even took apart and reassembled checking everything twice. Still same prob. Did I ruin the piston or timing chain? Starter clutch such an easy job I thought and I seem to have fucked my bike up worse. Don't know what I did but it seems worse now than before. I'm lost and depressed over it. Feel like a fool

·
8,530 Posts
Does it catch and start?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts