Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see that there are a few companies that have complete kits to replace your stock airbox. are those kits worth the extra money or should i just stick with the K&N and dump the airbox lid?
if you have them.... what kind is it, where can i get one, and how much did ya pay for it?
any opinions would be great! my 450 is bone stock right now and i want to know all my possibilities before modifying anything. thanks in advance!

oh yeah.. pictures are great too!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
If I were you I'd get the ESR Intake kit - the reason it's better than just the filter is because it gets rid of your crappy stock intake - your stock intake narrows down to about an inch at it's smallest point - this is a big restriction in your airflow coming in. The ESR is a much wider intake, as well a huge K&N filter/outerwear - you can also KEEP you stock airbox if you trim it to fit the ESR intake. This is what I did, as I don't like running without an airbox. Also......once you modify your intake/filter you won't notice much difference until you modify your exhaust as well.....I just took my stock pipe and gutted it and chopped it to 6 1/2 inches.....now I have NO airflow restrictions and can I can really tell a difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
noss flange

go to noss mfg link on this site. they make a flange that bolts right into your stock airbox. It comes with a K&N filter and you can add the outer wear. Cheapest, easiest, and VERY effective way to go. Matched with my Jardine exhaust, nobody beat me on the hill at Gordons Well, and I weigh 220 and am 48 years old.......a fat old man!!!
If you weigh 180, and are 35, you should smoke me, if you don't, SHAME ON YOU!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: noss flange

dunemike said:
go to noss mfg link on this site. they make a flange that bolts right into your stock airbox. It comes with a K&N filter and you can add the outer wear. Cheapest, easiest, and VERY effective way to go. Matched with my Jardine exhaust, nobody beat me on the hill at Gordons Well, and I weigh 220 and am 48 years old.......a fat old man!!!
If you weigh 180, and are 35, you should smoke me, if you don't, SHAME ON YOU!!
do you have the website for that? a lot of times i see red 'x's at the top for the mfg. links.

so if im 155 and 24 years old... it would look really bad for you... :razz:

·
Registered
15 Posts
noss flange

nossmachine.com
tell them you are a bluetraxx member for a discount, check out their handlebar bracket too, won't make ya faSTER, but looks cool!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a NOSS intake kit (flange, bolts, K&N with outerwear) I am willing to sell, about 10 hours on it. No longer need it now that I have the ESR intake. PM me if interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts