Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So!

Have a 2000 Warrior that has been sitting. Upon rebuilding the carb, thehead of the pilot jet got stripped off. Tried every trick to get it out before breaking out the drill.

My easy out snapped off in there and upon trying to drill that out, accidentally chewed a hole in the top of the barrel.

My question is, will the carb still work properly?

I don’t want to drop a bunch of money to replace the carb body if this will still work, but at the same time, I don't want to spend hours trying to get the jet out/cleaning the carb/rebuilding/hanging it on the bike for it to not work at all anyway.

Figure I’d ask here first before going going either route. Any advice at all would be appreciated and Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
213 Posts
The chances of getting that stuff out without a machine shop is slim to none. You’ll be farther ahead replacing it (go OEM, not the Chinese junk)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

Fair enough, hypothetically, if I could get it out, do you think it would work? I just don’t know how crucial that stem is to the function of the carb...

·
Registered
213 Posts
My guy says no. That tube needs to be in the fuel in order to pull it up into the Venturi. With the hole
In it, it’ll pull air instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts