Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
With some fuel in the carb, take it off the airbox and intake tube to the engine. Point the side that goes to the engine away from you and look down through the big hole. Hit the throtle and you will see a little squire of fuel come out of the copper looking tube in the middle of the big hole. This is the accelerator pump, it helps cut out the flat spot inbetween the idle/slow speed and when you punch the throtle open. In other words, it fills in the gap when the carb tends to lean out.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
The warrior doesnt have an accelerator pump if I remember correctly. Dirtdevil basically explained it fine. It just shoots fuel into the carb. There is good throttle response with a accelerator pump. You kno on a warrior if you let it idle then hit ti WOT, it cuts out or hesistates. The purpose of an accelerator pump is to eliminate that.

· Registered
815 Posts
I think all years warriors have pumps. My 03 does and it looks like all the other years do too in the manual. Its ok tho :smooch: :lol:

· Registered
231 Posts
ITs because the FST in Dirtwheels didnt have an accelerator pump. Remember reading that but the warrior deff. has one.

· Super Moderator
8,512 Posts
THe accelerator pump is that little rod that goes into the side of the fuel bowl. The biggest trouble with th epump is that it gets stuck and doesn't work..

You need to make sure it is free, and maybe even stretch the spring a little. I did a little tinkering with the ports that spray the fuel. I have little or no hesitation there now..

· Registered
815 Posts
Cool

· Registered
6 Posts
diggerzmound said:
THe accelerator pump is that little rod that goes into the side of the fuel bowl. The biggest trouble with th epump is that it gets stuck and doesn't work..

You need to make sure it is free, and maybe even stretch the spring a little. I did a little tinkering with the ports that spray the fuel. I have little or no hesitation there now..

Thats the problem Im having.

Can you just put a stronger spring in instead? I have stretched the spring and Im still having problems. :roll:

· Registered
1,384 Posts
The slide also tends to get a little crusty. Mine was sticking when I first got it and tore everything down to inspect. I stretched the spring, but it still stuck a bit, so I ended up using some sand paper on the slide to clean it up a bit, and also did the hole/tube that it sits in. Moves freely now.

· Registered
1,417 Posts
I saw thing a while back about that spring. You can buy a normal BIC pen spring thats the same length and apparently works way better. But my facts been crusty so I hope I am right on this. :nod:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts