Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1998 Yamaha warrior 350 with stock Mikuni carb that I'm rebuilding. My accelerator pump keeps binding after I tighten all four float bowl screws. I've replaced the spring with a stronger bic spring, it moves freely until I tighten the four float bowl screws fully. I've tried tightening the four screws in different order in case that was the issue but no luck. I've tried installing it with the boot and without the boot but no change. Any help would be appreciated. I don't think the accelerator pump is bent so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
post a picture. i cant remember off of the top of my head what it looks like. are you using the correct bowl gasket. is the rod upside down. did you get the rubber disk and spring in correctly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post a picture. i cant remember off of the top of my head what it looks like. are you using the correct bowl gasket. is the rod upside down. did you get the rubber disk and spring in correctly
Yes correct bowl gasket and rod is in correct position. I put the spring on the float bowl side per service manual. I think the rod is binding on the brass collar but that’s a guess. I’ll post a pic soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm looks like that rod should be up higher
I think I finally got it but don’t ask what I did other than keep fiddling, removing reinstalling it. I put a cap on the post so that the gap is addressed. I’ll post update either way, hopefully the update will be it’s running

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
good luck. just an fyi the clymer manual is only 30 bucks for that machine and guaranteed to pay for it self in at least saved time. it is a really well done manual and will walk you through step by step any component on the machine. it will be very handy when you have electrical issues (and you will)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good luck. just an fyi the clymer manual is only 30 bucks for that machine and guaranteed to pay for it self in at least saved time. it is a really well done manual and will walk you through step by step any component on the machine. it will be very handy when you have electrical issues (and you will)
I using a Yamaha shop manual :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put everything back together and it fired right up and runs like a champ. I need to fine tune idle speed a bit but otherwise it's turned out great. Do you guys know if it's 2 turns out for a 98 warrior air fuel screw or something else?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts