Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to build my own +2 a-arms. I need someone (with after market arms) to tell me the size of tubing that is used on there's.

·
Registered
427 Posts
most are 3/4in. or 1in. tubing....just look at aftermarket break line holders...they come in sizes 3/4in or 1in. aarm tubing sizes :nod: :tup: good luck and let me know how it turns out

·
Registered
645 Posts
i think ur gonna mess somthin up if u ride with them cause they need to be exactly the same on both side or ur f**ked :nod: good luck

·
Registered
427 Posts
yeah id be scared to jump or even ride hard with aarms i had made....their gonna have to be perfectly the same on both sides and u gotta remember theres gonnna be alot of pressure on them at ALL times and if u jump then thats gonna take ALOT out on them so for the safety of you and your quad id be careful...good luck and i hope it turns out good for you :tup: :nod:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Build a jig to make them. That way you know that they're exactly the same on both sides. Building the jig will take the most time, btu onece it's built, you can make multiple sets to sell if you want.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input. I have thought long and hard and done lots of research, and came to the conclusion that it just wouldn't be worth it unless I owned my own machine shop. I work as a welder building generator frames for Coleman powermate and we have people there that build jigs for the frames, I thought about asking one of them if they could build one for me. I think someday I'll give it a try a try selling them, but for now I'll just save my pennies and buy a set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts