Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Yamaha 350 moto 4 that has a choke cable that runs froM the side of the carb up to the handle bears. Looking to find out if a carb with the side choke will work

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
i see. the tough part will be getting it jetted unless its the same carb with a different choke mount. as long as the diameter of the the inlet and out let are the same it should work assuming the bore is somewhat close. after doing a quick ebay search i assume you must be looking at the zoom zoom aftermarket carb? they are hit and miss on quality and the return window is short just make sure you install it as soon as you get it so if its bad you can return it. i had one on a warrior and it was just fine after i changed out the jets to factory jets. the side choke on that will just be less convenient but should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see. the tough part will be getting it jetted unless its the same carb with a different choke mount. as long as the diameter of the the inlet and out let are the same it should work assuming the bore is somewhat close. after doing a quick ebay search i assume you must be looking at the zoom zoom aftermarket carb? they are hit and miss on quality and the return window is short just make sure you install it as soon as you get it so if its bad you can return it. i had one on a warrior and it was just fine after i changed out the jets to factory jets. the side choke on that will just be less convenient but should be fine.
[/QUOT

I have found several used ones on 350 Yamaha engines just trying to figure out if they will mount up

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
in most cases the air box is going to give you problems. if yours is junk i would take the chance on the zoom zoom, at least you know it will fit and that is a start. i did find your exact carb on ebay, it had the choke and throttle lever attached. pretty much everything but it was 275. kinda steep for a machine that old. i dont know where you are but there are some good bike junk yards out there.
here is one in southern oregon Motorcycle Salvage Yard White City OR - Bill's Motorcycle Salvage
and cycle salvage in redding ca. they dont have a web site but here is the number i found (530) 246-9135
you might try them, they ship. or look for a salvage yard near you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in most cases the air box is going to give you problems. if yours is junk i would take the chance on the zoom zoom, at least you know it will fit and that is a start. i did find your exact carb on ebay, it had the choke and throttle lever attached. pretty much everything but it was 275. kinda steep for a machine that old. i dont know where you are but there are some good bike junk yards out there.
here is one in southern oregon Motorcycle Salvage Yard White City OR - Bill's Motorcycle Salvage
and cycle salvage in redding ca. they dont have a web site but here is the number i found (530) 246-9135
you might try them, they ship. or look for a salvage yard near you

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
i just searched moto 4 350 carb with out a year. here is the link to the used carb. keep in mind you will likely need to rebuild that one, so like another 30-50 bucks for a carb kit. YAMAHA Moto4 Moto-4 87 350 YFM350ER oem Mikuni carb carburetor choke cable 87-98 | eBay
if its in the budget and you like the machine that is the way i would go
otherwise here is a link to the zoom zoom Yamaha Moto-4 350 Performance Carburetor YFM 350 Yfm350 Atv New Carb 1987-1995 | eBay
like i said not a great option but likely better than trying to adapt something. good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts