Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88' warrior getting no spark period. After looking over everything and doing research. It points most likely at the CDI BOX which in the 87 , and 88 models is like finding a needle in the haystack and costly at that , especially for a old and used part. So my issue and question is ...
Since all models older and newer have the same engine basically. Cant I say take a 1990 to 1995 harness or say a 1996 to 2001 wiring harness and change it out completely. As well as. Change the stator , cdi box ,flywheel, solenoid, and rectifier to a 1996 to a 2001 and it work? Has anyone did this or given it any thought and if so is it possible and does it work? Please give me some feed back and I do on this issue... and if anyone knows where I can find a newer wiring harness say around 1990 to a 2001 let me know. Thanks as always

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will work but you need everything to be from the same generation including the flywheel
So say I found a 91 harness. What all do I need forsure? And on a 91 do I also need to change the stator COVER or just the stator? Will my 88 stator cover work with a 91 stator?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. So say I found a 91 harness. What all do I need forsure? And on a 91 do I also need to change the stator COVER or just the stator? Will my 88 stator cover work with a 91 stator?
    Also what year fly wheels work with the 91 model? Having g a hard time finding the years of different generations.
    So say I found a 91 harness. What all do I need forsure? And on a 91 do I also need to change the stator COVER or just the stator? Will my 88 stator cover work with a 91 stator?
  2. stator and flywheel must be same model as well as harness and CDI. Covers are all the same as well as coils.
    There is a simpler way, just get a new CDI. All from 87 to 96 available.
    New Replacement CDI for yamaha ATV TW XT AG TTR, Warrior 350, Kodiak, Big Bear, Moto 4
    Do you have the website or link to get a 87 or 89 CDI?

·
Registered
2 Posts
88' warrior getting no spark period. After looking over everything and doing research. It points most likely at the CDI BOX which in the 87 , and 88 models is like finding a needle in the haystack and costly at that , especially for a old and used part. So my issue and question is ...
Since all models older and newer have the same engine basically. Cant I say take a 1990 to 1995 harness or say a 1996 to 2001 wiring harness and change it out completely. As well as. Change the stator , cdi box ,flywheel, solenoid, and rectifier to a 1996 to a 2001 and it work? Has anyone did this or given it any thought and if so is it possible and does it work? Please give me some feed back and I do on this issue... and if anyone knows where I can find a newer wiring harness say around 1990 to a 2001 let me know. Thanks as always
You checked every thing??? Does it still have the original key? How about the ground wire and the other orange wire that has a male/ female connection just under the front hood ? How do the stator wires look coming out of the cover? Mine started smoking and then sparks so I took it apart and rewrapped each wire
the Timberwolf started on fire while my son was on it I was able to run a new main power to the key and back to normal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its ok Tom, I bought and entire raptor 350 for less 150.. has everything I need to swap over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts