Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
//Backstory
Went with a buddy to negotiate on someones china go kart, guy let it go for practically nothing since the W word was making him get rid of some toys because he wanted a side by side. He had kids who he bought new quads brand new for each of them, but they never cared for riding so these machines sat for decades. Of course when I heard the ol wife was on his case about getting “rid” of his toys I jumped in and asked about quads/dirtbikes. He had an old 1988 Warrior 350 under a tree for about 7 years and he started it i think back in 2012 (bought it in early 2019). I made a joke saying I have $100 cash on me and he stepped forward and said deal its sold. Wheres the catch? There is none, it was a deal of a lifetime. He just did the suspension, it had a tarp over it and cleaned the tank, new carb, and it ran really well. It came with two sets of rims, a new seat cover, and new ball joints/ tie rods. New rear tires on the gold rims and i ordered new front tires. So far including purchase price im in this quad $300.

//Restoration
The thing is filthy so im taking it down to the frame, replacing the electrical issues, and re painting everything.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what to replace/look at specifically this is my first heavy quad restoration, ive been tooling on truck and bikes for years but never quads.
Thanks

//Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far.
New tires
Oil Changed/filter
Crank case sealed (used black permatex)
New front lights
Cleaned the plastics
Changed Brake
Bled brakes

Goal is to.
/Take everything off of the frame.
/Paint all parts except the engine
/Set the valves (have the service manual)
/Fix pull start cord pulls but its really really hard. Read something about a
decompression valve, i will check that tomorrow.
/Fix the electric start being intermittent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts