Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day lads, I’ve just rebuilt an 87 warrior carburettor and I now need to adjust the float height. Does anybody know the float height for this carb, it’s the original Mikuni carb. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cory. I’ve tried that height and it seems to be set to high as the fuel runs out the overflow, the needle and seat are working properly as I’ve checked by blowing air through the fuel inlet. The floats on this carb are black in colour and seem to sit aloof higher that 12mm. Any other suggestions 👍

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
i am not sure which way you mean by too high. you are bending the tab to correct the height correct? in general if the measurement from the gasket surface to the peak of the float is bigger you would not be getting enough fuel and it would starve not overflow. are you making sure that the spring is not compressed when you check it? are you measuring from the gasket surface to the peak of that plastic float? i clamp mine in the vise with the floats just slightly tilted up. if you have the carb upside down it compresses the spring. did you make sure there was no fuel in the float itself. can you post a picture. depending on when you get back to me i might not be able to answer until sunday night

1 - 4 of 4 Posts