Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I just inherited a 87 warrior with completely chewed up wires(80% chewed up by mice) from my uncle. He said it ran like a champ then he parked it the last 3 years out of the weather.

I want to completely swap out the electrical but I'm not sure what I need to get. What parts do I need and what year electrical is optimal for abundance of parts and cost?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Anything after 88 is available. You just need to make sure all of it is from the same year. Don't forget the key switch and flywheel if you swap it. If it all ran when he parked it it might be easier to fix the harness

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything after 88 is available. You just need to make sure all of it is from the same year. Don't forget the key switch and flywheel if you swap it. If it all ran when he parked it it might be easier to fix the harness
Okay. I have all the wires taped back up and it turns on and wants to fire up but doesn't. I ordered new spark plugs for it and ignition coil. I've just seen a few posts on here from 87' guy saying they've swapped all their electrical and it made their life so much easier. I've read that I would have to change the flywheel and it looks like they are extremely rare on the internet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I wanted to completely swap out the electronics from my 87' to either late 90s early 00s warrior electrical, I'd need all these following parts and nothing else correct?

1 - CDI
2 - Stator
3 - Flywheel
4 - ignition
5 - Regulator rectifier
6 - Wire Harness
7 - Starter relay solenoid

All the EXACT same year right? Because it's going to be incredibly hard to find a flywheel, nobody sells them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts