Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 raptor 660r. The first time i rode it it ran like a champ, after i got it home it started sputtering and backfiring. I cleaned the jets and carbs. It idles just fine, but when i give it throttle is when it backfires and sputters. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the problem?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Check your carb boots that connect to the actual engine. They are known to come off. U

·
Registered
22 Posts
Park break wouldn't make it sputter. You may have taken in dirt and have a carb problem. Clean your carb and jets well and see what happens. If that fails check your valve clearances and timing. Perhaps your chain jumped a link or something of that matter

·
Super Moderator
8,577 Posts
Park brake WILL make it sputter. The park brake switch triggers a rev limiter that is supposed to keep you from riding it with the brake on. Very common issue and really easy to fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im with this guy ^^ i rolled mine and it bent the parking brake and clutch lever and it pulled the parking brake on everytime i shifted and it started backfireing while i was riding one day. it was the parking break forsure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts