Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys did all that stuff that the manual said to do like clean the spark arrestor and stuff?

·
Registered
919 Posts
if you do take the baffle out, rejet the carburator so it won't lean the bike out more than it already is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just bought a new 450 YYZ to compliment my raptor 660. It will take a bit of getting used too but I think it will be a lot of fun. Anyway, I just put on a K&N kit and yanked the baffle from the pipe until I decide which exhaust system to go with... Do I need to rejet? My raptor was rejetted after the intake and Yoshi exhaust was installed. It's a new bike and I don't want to hurt her. Also, do you reccomend the cam mod? I do mostly sand riding at the dunes.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yes you will definately need to rejet. The yfz comes pretty lean stock, infact even if you keep it stock I would rejet it. But if you are modding it at all then rejetting is required.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Where should I start for the jetting? Should I just order the dyno jet kit? Let me know. I have been reading all the post's about jetting but I don't know if I should change the needle clip position, main jet, secondary jet, etc. Please let me know. I ride in southern Utah. thanks

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You dont need a whole jet kit, you can buy the jets individually. With my baffle out and airbox lid off I'm at 4th clip on the needle, 168 main, and 45 pilot and it runs well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks. I am at eskimo.com and they say in their instructions to run just what you just said and then tune from there. What brand jets do I buy? Can I just go to Yomamaha and ask for a 45 pilot, 168 main and keep the stock needle? (just raise to the 4th or 5th clip) I will probably be doing the cam mod after the bike has a few rides on it but I might just be doing a webcam or alike. Thanks for helping me get this thing tuned....

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
2raptors said:
Thanks. I am at eskimo.com and they say in their instructions to run just what you just said and then tune from there. What brand jets do I buy? Can I just go to Yomamaha and ask for a 45 pilot, 168 main and keep the stock needle? (just raise to the 4th or 5th clip) I will probably be doing the cam mod after the bike has a few rides on it but I might just be doing a webcam or alike. Thanks for helping me get this thing tuned....
Yep, you can just go to any yamaha dealer and ask them for the jets. Also once you do the cam mod and get a pipe i recomend getting the needle from the yz450f dirtbike. It is the same one that comes in the gytr jet kit. And you will also need to go up on your pilot to a 48 or higher and adjust the mixture screw after cams and a pipe.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I haven't found much detail about how to adjust the idle air control screw on this bike. Can you point me in the direction where I can find out this info? Also, if I run the 450 dirt bike needle, will I still want to go on the 4th or 5th clip position? Here is exactly what I have done:

Pro Designs air filter
Baffle removed
Air lid removed

No cam mod yet, I have'nt even ridden this bike yet. It's been raining and so i am adding mods and going to rejet before i even ride it. Guess I will never know the before and after....

thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts