Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the 450 2004 YFZ and Wr450 2003 have the same cylinder????? Because i put a wr450 2003 crank and if i put a wr 450 piston what the defference?? the 450YFZ have 62mm of Stroke And The WR Have 63.4 mm thank u very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
The cylender should fit fine, but the piston will not fir, the WR has an 18mm pin while the YFZ has a 20mm pin. The WR crank kit is an exellent mod for the yfz! It makes a VERY good running motor

·
Premium Member
2,385 Posts
your engrish is a bit sketchy, but just like MTX said, the cylinders are the same, the pistons and rods are different
you are right on the stroke, that is achieved by using a WR450f crank and rod

good luck, and if you need more help, please ask, we will do our best

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it possible to put the WR450 hotrod crankshaft with Wiseco WR450 pistons, on the stock YFZ450 cylinders and head.

Because the 2004 YFZ450 stroke is 62mm, and the WR450 is 63.4mm. Would it be compatible?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm rebuilding a 2003 wr450f and I got a 04 crank it seems the piston kit I got for it the wrist pin and cage bearing to the piston rod won't fit but I took out the brass sleeve and the wrist pin fits good but won't make a full turn because the piston slightly hits the crank is it possible sand/grind the spots where the piston hits crank down not sure what to do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts