Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my yfz the other day probably dosen't have 30 min on it and when you start it up in gear it wants to lurch forward. I had a 250r that did this and it had grooves in the clutch basket. IT only does it if when your first start it up then after that it quits. Gonna try to adjust the to see if it helps ,has any one else had the problem?

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
It's just from being cold, no big deal. You should start it in neutral anyway.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey Craptor, I know that this is a little off topic, but which did you like better, the YFZ or the 250R? Im going to be getting another quad soon and im stuck between the two lol...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I liked both quads. I bought the yfz because it felt more like my r. I mean the powerband felt like my ct310r and the handlebar ,seat felt more like the r. If I had the money I would get the yfz. 4 stroke and electric start and you can buy a brand new one and build it the way you want it.On side note I was once a die hard honda fan and I tried both the 450r and yfz. I really wanted to have a real good reason to buy the honda but, it felt more like my raptor and the yfz felt more like my r.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The clutch plates are stuck together on start up. When It is cold. Start it in neutral. Let it run for 20-30 seconds. Work the clutch lever in and out a few times and hold it in for a few seconds to lubricate it. Remember the YFZ shares engine and case oil from the same tank. If it is cold out go with a slightly thinner oil. It is normal for this to happen. No worries. Just don't start it in gear or put it in gear without warming the clutch up.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
criminalpoet said:
Hey Craptor, I know that this is a little off topic, but which did you like better, the YFZ or the 250R? Im going to be getting another quad soon and im stuck between the two lol...
lets see here . . . do you want a 15 year old machine or a machine that is at most 1 1/2 years old?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts