Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally swapping my motor and building my 07 Raptor 350. 11:1 Wesico piston, mild porting on the head, wrapped header, HMF muffler, high flow filter, and a cam that is slightly bigger than stock Raptor. Also adding an oil cooler with a fan.

Got a unknown brand +6 swing arm on its way. Primarily want to tune this for the dunes. I know a bigger quad would be better but, this is what I have. I'm parking the dune truck and doing minivan trips with the quad this year because of the huge increase in gas prices. My tow truck is also at the end of its life and I don't trust it to make the trip anymore.

Looking to go from the old warrior carb to a Keihin 37mm FCR from a YZ250F. I don't have a big cam, big bore, or anything crazy. Should work fine.

My searching online has brought me to start with a 35 leak jet, 42 starter jet(to eliminate bog), and around a 45 pilot with a 165 main. I'll start with a bigger pilot and main and tune it from there.

Anyone else tuned a 37mm FCR on theirs? Any other suggestions?

And the dirtbike FCR has a return cable that is supposed to help avoid the slide from sticking open. Has anyone ever seen a dual throttle cable thumb throttle? I know I can just use a single, and order a return spring for a single cable model(to see if it is stiffer).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got the throttle cable figured out. A stock YFZ450 one will work great(have a couple).

Ended up getting another FCR 37 from a 2007 YFZ250F, that also had the RD power bowl on it already. The gasket kits are way cheaper for this carb. I'll just sell the other one I have on eBay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts