Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm going to be getting into motocross pretty heavily and i see people running +3 a-arms, how is this possible when the stock width is 46.1 so +3's would make it 52, and the limit is 50? i will be getting gibson long travels sometime in the future and was just wondering. Is it because of the 4+1 offset wheels? i thought stock was 4+1, or is stock 3+2?
i want douglas ultimates, do they make them 4+1 offset in the yamaha bolt pattern? or will i need honda hubs? sorry for all the questions im just curious
thanks guys

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes it is the 4+1 offset rims that allows for +3 arms to get you at 50. I am not 100% but i think the only way to get 4+1 is to buy honda hubs no matter the manufacturer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Are the +3's and 4:1 offset a better setup because of the reduced bump steer? Just woundering what would make one go +3 instead of +2?

·
Registered
29 Posts
From douggust.com

"However, the wheel travel is not the main benefit you'd get from a +3" 4+1 setup. The best part is the deep offset rim. This places the steering pivot point closer to the centerline of the wheel. This will give you greater stability for the rough terrain of MX tracks."

So you get increased wheel travel, and kick ass turning =]

·
Registered
307 Posts
I agree, there's less stress on you spindle(bearings and hubs too).

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EX 80 said:
You don't need honda hubs. I have the gibsons with 4-1 douglas rolled edge.
So what you're saying is, douglas makes 4+1 offset in yamaha bolt pattern? if so thats awesome, i was hoping for that, and thanks for the info if that is what your saying
thanks

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
ALright heres my setup gibson LT +3 front end w/ the 4+1 douglas shamrock beadlocks in a yamaha bolt pattern puts u right at 50...Went to a few nationals and they make u ride through this little gate thing for ur front and rear tires and it just makes it :tup: ....Dave gibson is on top of his game and is building some of the best stuff out there wouldnt run anything else.....If u buy the combo front end from him make sure you get axis shocks also......heres some pics of it on my raptor and my yfz

YFZ

and boy does it work niiiice

Raptor:

Its one of the meanest nicest looking systems out hter

Paul
88x

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info trinity727, and by the way, awesome pics :tup:

i just have a couple other questions for ya, i noticed you have the gibson pro pegs, i am looking into getting those also, but i wanted to know if they lower the peg at all, cuz i want some that lower the peg, im 6'1" and feel just a bit cramped, i was also going to get a +1 or +2 gibson steering stem, with tag t2's, but i dont nkow if the stock lines and controls will fit with that cuz i wont be getting the arms til next spring and didnt want to have to buy two sets of brake lines just to fit my taller bars, and then a set to fit the +3 arms, thanks again for all the help :nod:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
02raptor_rider said:
thanks for the info trinity727, and by the way, awesome pics :tup:

i just have a couple other questions for ya, i noticed you have the gibson pro pegs, i am looking into getting those also, but i wanted to know if they lower the peg at all, cuz i want some that lower the peg, im 6'1" and feel just a bit cramped, i was also going to get a +1 or +2 gibson steering stem, with tag t2's, but i dont nkow if the stock lines and controls will fit with that cuz i wont be getting the arms til next spring and didnt want to have to buy two sets of brake lines just to fit my taller bars, and then a set to fit the +3 arms, thanks again for all the help :nod:

Ok first things first, Yes the gibson pro pegs are lowerd idk how much but i no they are and another good thing is the pegs dont wear down like the AC propegs. As for the bigger stem they give u extened steel braided lines w/ the front end if you by the kit. Im running A gibson +1 and tag t2 bars which is a very nice set up. u should like that very much. Any more questions about his products fire away i have most of them and never once have ran into a problem :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts