Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this quad. When I take off the motor and everything sounds fine and starts easy but when I get to the high RPMs it feels like it is spinning the tires and not taking off like it should. It won't wheelie just feels like it falls out when you get pasted half throttle in every gear. My thoughts are I think the clutch has gone out in it is it safe to say that and what should I buy to get this thing back on the dirt. Don't know much about motors just getting involved in forums. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
just rebuild the clutch...

its not a hard job, just pay very close attention to the order everthing comes out, and the direction everthing faces, some parts have a slight bow to them, so they need to go back in the same way, you can measure the steels to see if they are past spec, but definitely replace the fiber plates... remember to soak them in oil over night before installing...

check here for the repair manual, with well label instructions on how to do the work.

YFZ450 Garage

·
Registered
27 Posts
its definatly the clutch don't worry not a huge deal a epi clutch or a yz clutch is good you can get full clutch kits from driven but they are heavy duty and i have heard they are not very good the best clutch is a stock or yz clutch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts