Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to sport quads and recently bought a 07 yfz when i got it i was told that it just needed a new battery so i spent 100 on a new battery put it in and it started but when i would hit the button there was and still is like a hesitation before it starts to spin after it hesitates it will spin no problem are they supposed to hesitate like that or should they just spin right away? another problem that i am having is when i hit the starter button with the choke out it barely spins the motor over like the choke is draining the battery and if i touch the throttle at all when i am starting it it will completely stop turning the motor over like the battery is dead what would cause these issues? i have replaced the battery stator recitier pickup coil i tore the carb apart and cleaned it all and replaced the main jet with a 160 instead of the 175 that was in it any help would greatly be appreciated and please be patient with me as i said this is my first one and a learning process for me thank you

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
is it fuel injected? sounds like you have a bad ground somewhere to me. check all of the connectors related to the battery and starter.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Why did you change the main jet? I'm guessing it has the cam mod done to it. That usually makes them a little harder starting. What other mods are done to it. I'm guessing it has exhaust and intake since it had a 175 main jet. If your elevation is below 1000 ft, the 175 is probably about right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts