Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here. Picked this rig up a few years back, rock solid. Went to start recently and nothing at push of ignition button on bar. Good voltage(12.8) , neutral light on dash lit, can jump solenoid posts and start so not stater or circuit into starter. Not great at diagnosing electrical issues, but started. Using test light, with key on and red kill switch to on position, I have constant voltage to solenoid on all three wires at solenoid harness. Blue/white, blue/black and red are all "hot" to solenoid with no push of start button. I am leaning toward solenoid or push button start switch being faulty, but also could be a relay I imagine. Hoping somebody has an answer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Spelling error on first post-yikes. "can jump solenoid posts and start so not starter"

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
if you can jump the big post on the solenoid and it cranks and starts most likely the solenoid. it could also be the start relay. i am not really familiar with the wolverine or why it has 3 wires but that solenoid is basically like an electrically controlled light switch. it should have a pair of wires coming from a relay one should be ground and the other should have 12 volts only when you push the button. unless you want to wast a bunch of money guessing on parts order the manual. it has step by step instructions for testing the various electrical components

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered manual. Not the greatest, but workable. I tried a known good solenoid, and did not change no start condition. I guess the problem to be starter relay or start switch. Testing tomorrow. Thanks for your help, if you have any more tidbits, please share.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As I expected, the grey push button start button on left hand control unit was faulty. And of course, Yamaha does not carry the part and on back order until Sept. Ordered one on ebay. Pulled control unit off to see if I saw anything suspicious, but the push start button is well hidden in the unit and non serviceable. Began spraying contact cleaner into the button perimeter, and exercised button, and low and behold, it would start once every ten or so pushes on the grey button. Rinse, repeat, with more contact cleaner. Fires up every time instantly now. Strangely, the ATV is covered and stored indoors in very dry barn. Hope this helps somebody in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts