Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 2004 YAMAHA BANSHEE THAT HAS DMG EXHAUST OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT ND V FORCE 3 REEDS, STOCK CARBS, BOOST BOTTLE, I BELIEVE ITS STILL MOSTLY ALL STOCK WITH A STANDARD BORE, IVE NOT HAD IT LONG BUT WE TOOK IT ALL APART FROM THE FRAME TO HAVE THE FRAME PAINTED AND PUT IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AND GOT IT STARTED AND IT RAN AND RAN GOOD FOR ABOUT 5 OR 10 MINS AND THEN THE GUY HELPN ME STUCK HIS HAND DOW TO THE RIGHT CARB (WE STILL HAD THE AIRBOX OFF) AND HE SAYS HIS HAND DIDNT TOUCH IT BUT I THINK IT MIGHT HAVE BC IT WENT TO DIE AND THEN STARTED DOING WHAT ITS DOING NOW BOGGING LIKE IT IS WHEN U GIVE IT THROTTLE, BUT FROM WHAT HE SAYS IF HE WAS TO COVER IT ALL IT WOULD DO IS JUST CHOKE IT OUT BUT I ONNO. BUT HE TOOK THE CARB OFF ND SPRAYED IT W CARB CLEANER AND PUT IT BACK AND STILL DONE IT, AND WE CHECKED THE REED AND HE SAID IT WAS GOOD ND NOT STUCK, WE ARE REALLY KINDA STUMPED ON IT ANY INFO OR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, IVE ALSO INCLEDED A VIDEO OF IT WITH ME PRESSING THE THROTTLE SO YOU CAN HEAR THE BOGGING NOISE IM TALKING ABOUT. THANKS
p.s ALSO I HAVE KINDA NOTICED TOO THAT IT IS SMOKING A LIL MORE THAN IT USED TOO, I MIX MY GAS 32:1 W KLOTZ TECHNI PLATE

WELL I TRIED TO UPLOAD THE VIDEO I MADE FOR YOU ALL TO LOOK AT AND THE SITE WONT LET ME SO ITS ON YOUTUBE.COM AND HERES THE LINK I COPIED FROM WHEN I MADE IT GO ON THERE AND TYPE IN BANSHEE VIDEO NEED HELP BOGGING OUT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK BC I CANT POST W LINKS OR ANYTHING YET FROM WHAT THE SITE SAYS
TAKE A LOOK AT THAT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK PLEASE, IVE GOT A RIDE COMING UP IN A FEW DAYS ID LIKE TO GO ON SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS

·
Registered
249 Posts
The first things to do is a leak down test and a plug chop to check your jetting. That's the two most important things to do to a 2 stroke. As for the running issue you posted about, it may be the TORS setup doing it. Unplug the wires from the top of the carbs and from the brake handle. See if that works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well someone told us to check the ohms or whatever for the resistance on the coil and stator and i had my uncle to take a multimeter and do it and he didnt get a reading on the coil. im gonna do a compression test later or first thing in the morning and will post back, let me know what everyone thinks if it could possibly be the coil causing that, the spark on the rt side dont look as good as the lft side, the rt side had a lil red or orange in it and didnt look to be hittn all the time but i think the lil tester he had was layn on the exhaust and was arcn on it so i think im gonna go ahead and check that again myself and maybe take a video of it to look at and also do a compression test, i called a local shop and they are booked up for a couple weeks so i guess im just gonna try to figure it out myself... or as long as my patience will let me lol but it just takes time and process of elimination. thanks for the thoughts and keep em comin. ill post back with the results

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i done a compression test today and we got bout 62-65psi out of both sides they were both pretty much putting off the same compression, and my uncle unplugged the parking brake thing on the clutch lever im guessing what the ppl on bansheehg was calling the clutch perch but we cut those 2 wires on thatnd put em together and put heat shrink on it and sealed it up good and gave it a kick....... and it came ALIVE :) Thanks to all that helped with advise it was GREATLY appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
how do you do a plug chop
Warm up the engine to normal temp, carefully put new plugs in and take it for a wide open run and pull the plugs an look at them. White = too lean, black = too much fuel, anywhere in between is left to whether you want to run a little rich or a little lean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts