Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Likes/Dislikes of your bike? Because I am debating on a Z vs. Raptor for my next bike (desert riding).

·
Registered
728 Posts
Absolutely and definitely get the Raptor. I've ridden the Z, and it is a real nice bike, but it's not a Raptor.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Z: great handling, lacking on power.

Rap: great power, lacking on handling.

Put some money into the suspension on the rap and it does a lot. Put a big bore in the z and you will beat a couple of yfz's. Takes less money to make a raptor fast AND handle well than it takes to make the z as fast.

·
Registered
171 Posts
PERFECTLY PUT
:nod:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ive ridden both and love my rappy. :tup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had a Rappy and a friend has a Z400, while another friend has the YFZ. To me, there is little difference in the Z400 and Rappy handling. But the Raptor's motor can save you sometimes when the Z400's motor just doesn't have the power. The YFZ is a nice bike that is fast and handles good. Then again, I love my 250R.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ride with friends that have a z400 and a yfz450. ( all of our quads are 2004's and stock) The z400 can be bought alot cheaper and is a good bike for the money ---but you need to be the type of rider that dosent mind being at the rear of the pack when everybody hits the long straightaways. i was told the yfz's were fast ---but i have outrun my friend everytime we have drag raced. One time we were racing down a fire road and the yfz and my raptor were side by side wide open my friend looked at me with a big smile , then i realized that i still had 1 more gear. i shifted into high gear and steadly pulled away! In my opinion a stock raptor is a good all around quad and very reliable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out abernathycycle.com they offer them in Tennessee for around $5149 out the door with no taxes or fees for out of state buyers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yep, I'm undecided on the Z400 vs. the Raptor. Here in Los Angeles, you can have your choice of '05 Z400 or '05 Raptor for $5500 +tax. For the same price the Raptor seems like a better buy?

·
Registered
603 Posts
raptor2go said:
One time we were racing down a fire road and the yfz and my raptor were side by side wide open my friend looked at me with a big smile , then i realized that i still had 1 more gear. i shifted into high gear and steadly pulled away!
I call :bs: on that

·
Registered
750 Posts
i dont but i have said many many times im yet to be impressed by the yfz speed wise yet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I riden both and raced my friend (hes got a z). When it comes to track I have to sadly say i feel more comfortable hauln azz on the z, but not by much. but all around and especially in the dunes I'd take my raptor any day. Also if your planning to do mods the raptor (in my opion) has much better power potential. :hey:

·
Registered
529 Posts
For desert i beleive the raptors are much better.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
riden both, i say go with the raptor. nothin like havin a 660 between ur legs :hey: and raptors dont handle bad if you learn how to ride one and lean. but the z is nice quad, but im still stickin with a raptor

plus, ATV Rider rated the raptor #1 outta seven quads in a sand shootout :nod:

·
Registered
2 Posts
bulldog311 said:
Likes/Dislikes of your bike? Because I am debating on a Z vs. Raptor for my next bike (desert riding).
I think you ought to get the Raptor, it has always beatin' the Z-400 in the sand every time it has been tested together. I believe the last issue of Dirtwheels has the most recent test.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another vote for the rappy. I love mine, the only problem I've had is that sometimes it tries to fall over on me but that's because I'm a retard, can't blame the quad for that.
:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
call it what you want badazrappy but thats the way it happened. we raced 3 times on different long stretches and i pulled the 450 everytime. i was as suprised as he was, i did not expect it after reading about the 450's. now my friend on a modified banshee was looking for a spot wide enough so he could pass us both!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts