Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Raptor 660, .05 over bore, FMF slip on, Fullflight +2 A Arms
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, so I just did another "rebuild" on my 660 after my first fail (I hadn't put the trans tumbler in entirely straight, which made it skip first and go straight to reverse), and now I have another problem. We got it all together, and when I filled it with oil, we realized it wasn't going into the case.. strange. We pulled the oil line going to the bottom of the shifter side, and oil came out of it. We decided to hand turn it because there may have been an air bubble in the case until we realized it was overflowing out of the oil reservoir after hand turning, with no oil pressure and no oil going to the oil filter after hand cranking and the starter cranking (I didn't have a spark plug in it). I let it sit overnight, thinking maybe it would work its way down, but oil is still at the top of the reservoir this morning. I put 2 quarts in the reservoir .5 quarts in the top end. In the last rebuild, we had it running, but this rebuild, we replaced the oil pump and the cam, and now we have this problem. Does anybody know what it could be? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
You have to run it to properly check it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts