Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry this may sound dumb, but how do you flush and refill Raptor cooling system...so if you could be detailed im new...hahaha..Thanks Oh also any recommendations on what to refill it with?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
If you don't want to mess around with mixxing your anti-freeze 50/50 with water, you should buy it pre-mixed, 50/50 anti-freeze/water. If you use straight anti-freeze it doesnt't work as well.

When I drain my machines (snowmobile and dirtbike) all I do is pop the hose off the bottom of the radiator and let it drain out into a bucket. My sled and dirtbike don't have the overflow thing, so you should pop the hose off that and drain that too (located under the seat in rear). To replace the fluid I'm not sure if your supposed to put it in the radiator, or in the overflow resovoir.. I'll let someone else tackle that one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When i change my coolant
1/ remove bolt at water pump (inner bolt)not the 4 outer bolts they allen key bolts,postion container.
2/ remove rad cover, to remove rad cap slowy. Get ready to move your container to catch the old coolant.It will stream out further when the rad cap is release.
3/ "Important" Always flush the cooling system! I always use Distilled water. Pour water into rad untill clean clear d/water comes out the water pump drain hole.
4/ Refit water pump bolt.
5/ Drain Reservoir bottle, by removeing bottom hose. Then refit r/hose
6/ Use a high quality ethylene glycol antifreeze with corrosion inhibitor. top up rad with coolant + Reservoir bottle. coolant capacity 1.3L + coolant Reservoir 0.29L
7/ Start engine with rad cap only turn half way on, let it idle for a few mintues. Turn off engine check coolant level top up if needed. top up coolant Reservoir to max mark.
8/ Start engine & run to normal operating temperture with rad cap on tight. check coolant level one more time. top up if needed.refit all parts & your done. Hope this helps. :)) :))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts