Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to the sport. I basically worked all summer and had some extra money after buying my first car. So i went with a Raptor 660, which was owned by my girlfriends grandfather, and only had 8 hours on it. Any problems i should expect in the near future? I've read that there's a starting problem with them but how soon should i expect it to go? Any transmission problems with the 03? How often should i do the basic maintenance?(yeah i'm a newbie) Also i weigh around 130, and the suspension was rigged for a 235 guy. How do i adjust to my weight? I will always be trail ridding and its pretty rocky here in Nevada, with the occasional 15 foot jumps. Sorry for asking so many questions but i'd like to start in a good way.

·
Super Moderator
8,537 Posts
The starter clutch may last you years, it depends on your starting techniques. If you always start it in neutral, and don't use the starter a lot you'll be fine.

Your 03' trans should hold up just fine, it is most generally the 01's that are a problem.

Check the manual for maintenance intervals. Check the Important Topics thread.

You will need a spanner wrench, look at the shocks, you will see the adjustment that compresses the springs, back them off so the shock springs are not compressed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts