Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
are you sure the problem was your starter. maybe your starter clutch. i can look in the book when i get home in the morning to be sure but unless its jammed into the starter clutch and you have the bolts out it should just pop out

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure it's the starter. I tried to jump start it from the solenoid and the starter only clicks and from the push start button it only clicks also. I bought a $10 solenoid to rule that out, should be here by Saturday or Monday.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
if jumping across the big terminals of the starter solenoid did not make it spin it is not the solenoid, it still may be bad but not your current issue. i would not put the cheap one in for now you are better off with the old factory part. can you get the machine up on some jack stands or blocks.. put it in gear and rock it back and forth t see if it frees the bind. take the plug out and put it in gear and see if you can turn it over by spinning the rear wheels.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
make sure the battery is fully charged or put a jump pack on it. if that does not spin it you will need to get that starter out to bench test it. it just pulls strait out no tricks if it is jammed you will have to sort out why. send me some pictures of the problem of post a youtube and send me the link. that should help me get you on the right track. the more details the better.

·
8,529 Posts
There are two screws under the carbs, that should be all you need to pull. it will pop out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts