Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm stumped! Plenty of compression, tons of spark. I cleaned the carb 3 times and replaced the jets. I have checked the fuel line and its fine. Gas is getting to the float bowl but no further. I have tried using starter fluid and it just gets spit back out at me. I have done every trouble shooting I could. When you try to start it, it turns over but it never pops. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant clean the carb anymore then I already have lol. Mine wont fire at all, it doesnt even pop, at first I was thinking it wasnt getting gas but the float bowl fills up and the jets have been replaced and blown out. I'm thinking I'm going to have rebuild the top end... I'm just worried about dealing with the timing chain...

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you decide to rebuild the top end, check out my post! I'm parting out a Raptor 80. I installed a new piston, pin, rings, and cylinder. Never could get it to run after that. New parts have probably a grand total of 10 minutes of 'cranking' time, but no actual run time. Parts were well lubed during assembly, and are still like new.

Let me know if you'd be interested in them, or any other parts for the 80.

(sorry for the unsolicited hijacking of your thread! )

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem with a 2003 raptor 80, just bought it and it ran when we picked it up from previous owner, got it home and won't start. Not even a pop. Plug is wet, plenty of gas, looks like no spark. Wondreing how owner got it started before we got there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
raptor wont start

The valves should be your problem. Very simple to adj and it will start every time. The valve stems stretch and the valves get to tight. You have to get some feeler gauges and set the bike to top dead center and then set them. Online instructions.

Same problem with a 2003 raptor 80, just bought it and it ran when we picked it up from previous owner, got it home and won't start. Not even a pop. Plug is wet, plenty of gas, looks like no spark. Wondreing how owner got it started before we got there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts