Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 2001 Yamaha warrior that I’ve been chasing issues on and fixing. When I had it running the first time it always idled high, the intake boot was cracked so I assumed that was why. When I replaced the boot it stoped running due to a spark issue that is now fixed so it runs now. I also rebuilt the carb. I have the idle screw on the throttle body all the way out. When I start it it just revs up pretty high. I noticed it was running really rich I’m guessing this is why, the air fuel mixture screw is just for fine tuning if I don’t recall and doesn’t affect it much at all even with it all the way in I assume I have to take it apart and move that little clip but wasnt sure. Any input and help would be appreciated as I’ve always sucked at tuning and fixing carbs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It has a white brothers e series muffler, k & n air filter in stock box that someone modified and put vent holes on the lid, I know this could cause tubing issues but I don’t think it would effect the idle that much and it idled high even with oem stock lid and exhaust (I still have the uh modified lid)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has a white brothers e series muffler, k & n air filter in stock box that someone modified and put vent holes on the lid, I know this could cause tubing issues but I don’t think it would effect the idle that much and it idled high even with oem stock lid and exhaust (I still have the uh modified lid)
Also it is the oem mikuni carb I would just get a different carb but all the after market ones seem to have a lot of problems or mixed reviews so I just rebuilt the mikuni

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
so could be something wrong in your rebuild but not likely. did you use a yamaha boot? if not it could be your boot again the aftermarket ones last a little as an hour. i strongly suspect cable routing or not enough free play in the cable. there need to be slack in the cable. spray some starting fluid around the intake while it is running to check for a vacuum leak

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good with tuning was running very good it was running a lil rich so I turned the air fuel screw in a bit and ran great. Then after I let it cool down after some riding I took it back out after 1 minute it just died, no warning, and now it seems like there’s less resistance against the starter so I’m going to get a compression test but does anyone know why it would just do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts