Blue Traxx Forum banner

2001 Yamaha Warrior electrical problem need help!!

19K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  LBJAMM 
#1 ·
Just bought the atv and the guy told me that the battery was dead. So i took the battery off when i got home and hooked it up to the charger only to find out that it was fully charged already. So i put it back in the quad.

The issue:
with the key on and quad not running, the starter button, neutral light, and headlights do not work. No clicking noises no nothing. When i jump the contacts on the starter solenoid with a screw driver, it starts right up and the neutral light, and headlights work. Why would none of the dashboard controls work, but as soon as it is running everything is fine?

I don't want to have to use a screw driver everytime i want to start it.

#4 ·
Yep sounds like a soleniod to me. try that first, its cheap to replace

#13 ·
just got a 89 Warrior 2 weeks ago. Im kinda going through the same thing. having to jump the contacts on the relay. i ordered a cheap one on ebay, installed. no change. that fuse could be the fix. already cleanned the inside of the start button. i have power when i hit the switch / tested near handle bars. dont let it be a short. I put on some front brakes on today, back calipers leaking. havent really been riding cause of this. kinda hard to slow a 4 wheeler down by draging your feet.. used to work on the ol dirt bike back in the day, but i diegres. i do have a wire just hanging around in the battery compartment. im thinking it might need to be going to that fuse, yall were talking about.. its coming of the positive side. thanks for the info.

#15 ·
my 89 has the red and white wire running into the green relay box/clip under the left rear fender, R/white goes in one side an out an clipped back in on the same terminal. the small wire coming from positive side of the battery isnt even hooked up."fuse wire" charged the battery. gona check the plugin at the solenoid an see what happens, mabe a bad part? time to start from zero

#17 ·
Read the date. Dead thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.