Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Wolverine Clutch Problem

I have a 2001 Yamaha Wolverine (350) 4x4. It was stock with auto transmission. It has been modified to be a five speed manual. I replaced the clutch plates today along with new steel plates. I also installed new springs. The problem I am having is now I can not get clutch handle to spring back. If I pull the clutch handle (not engaging clutch) there is no pressure on it and it stays depressed. Did I do something wrong or is there something I missed. The job was a simple one but I do not know if something came loose or something that I did not notice. Please Help!

Seems like there should be a spring to pull handle back to position, I notice a push rod but I just do not know! Please Help!

·
8,530 Posts
THe 5 springs in your clutch basket provide the tension for the clutch. There is a gear type piece that is activated by the clutch arm. This piece pushes in the middle of the clutch, sounds like it probably isn't pushing out far enough. Take your clutch arm off, rotate the shaft(counterclockwise) it is on until you feel it stop, put your clutch arm back on. Try it agin..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. I am not sure what I did but it is working correctly now. You were right digger, the pushrod was not pushing the clutch properly. I basically started over and working great! Forgot what a new clutch felt like...wow what a bite!!

Thanks everyone who helped!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
qmann I have been checking into doing the same thing for my bike, did it make much of a difference? Where did you get the parts from , a kit?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
qmann said:
Thanks for the help. I am not sure what I did but it is working correctly now. You were right digger, the pushrod was not pushing the clutch properly. I basically started over and working great! Forgot what a new clutch felt like...wow what a bite!!

Thanks everyone who helped!!
told ya they would help ya out here :tup: :nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts