Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. First time posting. I have a 2000 Yamaha Wolverine 350. I bought this without it started knowing it had no spark. It turns over. I thought it was something easy I change the ignition coil and the stator. Still no spark or neutral light. I just noticed that the back light comes on when turning the lights on but the front lights don't. I have not checked to see if the bulbs were burned out yet or not. Any help would be great . Thanks

·
8,529 Posts
Check the stator with a meter. Find a manual for the instructions.

It could be wiring to the CDI or the CDI..

All of the safety mechanisms block out cranking so if its cranking its the ignition system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think it's the CDI then? All the wires look good. I just put a new stator in so I don't think that's the problem.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
did you use one of the cheap ebay stators. some of those have the red and white wire on the pickup swapped. i have not heard of it in the wolverine but it is common in the warrior. might be worth looking at. sounds like more of a wiring issue than a cdi i would at least figure out why they are not on before i ordered a cdi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I put a new CDI box on and now it has spark. But now when I turn it over it makes a noise like somethings hitting something inside. Like a hammer. I took off the cover were the stator is and see no sign of anything hitting. Well the cover was off I turned it over and no sound. I put the cover back on and get the sound again?????

·
8,529 Posts
I would have said its the one way before you said it don't make noise with the side cover off. Did the flywheel spin when you turned it over with the cover off?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts