Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just keep hearing this so I want to get the answer for sure. Ive heard that 2-strokes are going to be gettting banned within the next few years. Is this true and do you think that it will actually happen?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ive heard that a million times in magizines and stuff and i personally dont think they will but there are plenty of them already produced to buy used even if they did

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not "Banned" from what I've heard. Any new one's being built will just have to meet very strict emissions standards, which pretty well all 2-stroke dirt bike and atv's obviously won't. This is to the best of my knowledge...I may be wrong. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
manufacture's will eventually stop producing 2-strokes....they are becoming impractical to todays EPA restrictions and the revolution on the 4-stroke's in the ATV world.... maufactures are making more $ on 4 strokes also...

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
PunkA$$ said:
Not "Banned" from what I've heard. Any new one's being built will just have to meet very strict emissions standards, which pretty well all 2-stroke dirt bike and atv's obviously won't. This is to the best of my knowledge...I may be wrong. :shrug:
:nod: :nod: I heard that some snowmobiles would be able to pass the standerds, but the way they smoke, I doubt it. And they're will be plenty of 2 strokes around still, I mean when did the 250r cease production, what was it, 89? Look how many of them people still own. And thats almost 16 years ago.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Say if you buy like a 2001 Banshee would you be able to use that still after they stop producing 2 stroke? I think you would since it was made before the law would be passed. Maybe Im wrong?

·
Registered
46 Posts
YamahaRider350 said:
Say if you buy like a 2001 Banshee would you be able to use that still after they stop producing 2 stroke? I think you would since it was made before the law would be passed. Maybe Im wrong?

Oh sure you can, it only applies to 2-strokes made after 2006! ;)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I've heard all kinds of things, but it is coming.

Notice stihl and other companies have begun to switch to 4 stroke equipment.
Yeah..all the new chainsaws and power equipment that my dad's business deals and sells have this new "C4" technology. 2 strokes are gunna meet a lot of resrictions.. :tdown:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Say whenever the law comes in if it ever does and I you have a 01 Banshee. Would you still be able to ride it and use it on state trails or not?

·
Registered
322 Posts
youll be able to use any 2 stroke there. it is only banned from production, thats all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PunkA$$ said:
YamahaRider350 said:

Um...YES!!!......I think. Nobody listens to me, must be my low post count. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
PunkA$$ said:
PunkA$$ said:
YamahaRider350 said:

Um...YES!!!......I think. Nobody listens to me, must be my low post count. :shrug:

It's not that.... nothing on this site is biast on "post count" (we hate post whores)..... someone just might have missed your post.... a lot of people skim through the forums, or dont have time to read everything that is said

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Maddog56 said:
chris642 said:
youll be able to use any 2 stroke there. it is only banned from production, thats all.
Actually yellowstone has banned the operation of any 2 stroke engine inside the park, regardless of manufacture date.
ok who the hell would ride at yellowstone?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yam 21 said:
PunkA$$ said:
PunkA$$ said:
YamahaRider350 said:

It's not that.... nothing on this site is biast on "post count" (we hate post whores)..... someone just might have missed your post.... a lot of people skim through the forums, or dont have time to read everything that is said
Word! :nod:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
2006 is supposivly when 2strokes are banned from production unless yamaha can come up with some amazing invention that can make the banshee and blaster and all there 2stroke bikes and sleds pass the epa standards...but with the way that the new 4strokes are turning out, i highly doubt yamaha and honda will spend much to keep the 2strokes around...and no there not going to be banned from the vast riding area's across america and your not gonna get harsher punishment if you get pulled over on the road on a two stroke rather than a 4...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts