Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 1999 wolverine the guy I bought it off told me it was a 2000 needless to say it road for about 10 minutes after I got it home I decided to pull all the plastics off and realized the harness was just completely trashed so I ordered a harness for a what was spouse to be a 2000 wolverine but ended up being a 2000 warrior well everything for up just fine accept for the stater for some reason it has to pick up coils and the stator hook up for the warrior harness only is Set up for 1 so I connected the two could two each other in the case and wired everything up well it fires up and idles like a brand new atv but any throttle it starts spit sputtering and backfiring like crazy and in gear it has no power to go forward it bogs down then dies. But fires right back up like nothing I've swapped three different carbs cleaned them and set them all properly including the float hight for the love of God anyone any suggestions on what to do I'm about 2k in the hole now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shorting out between? I bought a harness than made my own. Only cdi will make it go like crazy. I suppose a weak link in the ignition but check your wires good. Please let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for the long reply and terrible typing above lol I bought a 2000 Yamaha warrior harness to put on a 1999 Yamaha wolverine well everything connected up besides the stator and obviously oil sensor but I ordered pig tails for the 2000 warrior stator spliced them in to connect the wolverine stator to the warriors harness. The big issue I was having is no more for some reason when I flipped the stators main coil wires it started to run decent like it's spouse to just not 100% but is still turning my plugs black and it doesn't like trying to go full throttle from a dead stop and kinda has a rough patch at the start of throttle but if you ease into it then punch it she runs great just doesn't seem like the timing is on it almost has a hesitation also when first getting into throttle but over all it's back to rideable just definitely isn't 100% I have a strong feeling it's something to do with the wolverine having dual coils and the warrior having a single harness almost thinking about just trying to order and warrior flywheel to try to put on it. It does have a full warrior harness including cdi. Any thoughts or ideas would help dealer is useless at this point they said I'd never get it to run off a warrior harness.. and here it is runs fine just not 100% just wish I could get it to that 100% gonna order a new timing chain I noticed mine is pretty far off the head timing mark when I align my flywheel. Any ideas would be great thinking also possibly the cheapo cdi may be playing a part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts