Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. I've got a 99 warrior. It was running n riding fine. Parked it. And now it won't start. Turns over but no start. Has spark and is getting gas. I'm stumped. I've got a new stator, starter, coil coming but it's got spark so Im lost. Any ideas n thoughts?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
12 Posts
Check the plug first. If your tuning is off, it could be fouled. Id swap a new one in first. If you have starting fluid, take the filter out(so it can't get burnt by a possible backfire), and try a quick short shot before trying to start. That will let you know if the spark is good.

Disconnect the reverse switch wire, too. I had a bad one that for some reason wouldn't let mine start.

There are several reasons yours might not start.

Bad coil(even new)
Fouled plug
Bad run/stop switch
Bad key switch
Loose/dirty stator connector
The stator could have a bad solder joint
Bad ground(look for corrosion or tearing wire)

I've had all those problems with my '87. Ended up eventually swapping to '94 harness and electronics. And filtered out these issues.

After tuning, I still fouled plugs occasionally from being slightly rich on the low end.

How does the spark look? It should be fairly strong, not frail and tiny. I'm guessing the plug gets fuel soaked after cranking, too.

BTW, my info could be wrong. I'm not an expert. If you search Google, there is a free online manual for these. That will give you specs to test with an ohm meter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts