Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm brand new to this forum, and am not a very knowledgable person when it comes to ATV's. However, I told my friend I would help him find a part for his 1994 Yamaha Warrior. In a diagram he has, the part is called the steering knuckle, however I can't seem to find anything about it online. So, I have two questions.

1) Is there another name for this part?

2) Is there a legit website online that I can find parts for the Warrior for a good price? Maybe post a link to it for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
sorry i am new thats what i was trying to do. and a steering knuckle sounds to me like the thing at the bottom of the stem that the tie rods hook to

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think the knuckle is welded to the stem on warriors. Check ebay for a steering stem. It attatches to the tie rods on the botton and the handle bars on top. Also, there is a peice that holds it on, it could be a knuckle. On the bottom, it attatches to the frame.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I replaced mine, I could never get it to go all the way down. The result is the handle bars sit a little higher than they used to, which is no big deal, but the bolts on the tie rod ends rub the frame slightly. Does anyone know a good technique, besides a sledge hammer, to get it down all the way?

·
Registered
488 Posts
if your talking about the steering stem, then it should slide right down into the bearing... unless there is something bent or something??...

i dont believe there is a part called "steering knuckle" so you guys are going to have to first state wtf your talking about! ahahaha

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes there is a part called a steering knuckle. If you look at a parts diagram the part that attaches the upper and lower A arms is called a steering knuckle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if your talking about the steering stem, then it should slide right down into the bearing... unless there is something bent or something??...

i dont believe there is a part called "steering knuckle" so you guys are going to have to first state wtf your talking about! ahahaha
Sorry, I was talking about the stem. The old one was bent and was hardish to get out (a little hammering). The new used one is not bent but would not slide all the way into the bearing. But it works ok the way it is. I imagine the bearing will wear sooner since it is not installed properly.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Sorry, I was talking about the stem. The old one was bent and was hardish to get out (a little hammering). The new used one is not bent but would not slide all the way into the bearing. But it works ok the way it is. I imagine the bearing will wear sooner since it is not installed properly.

I made my own extended stem out of two stems. The one I bought off e-bay wasn't the same as mine. It was a good thing I planed on cutting them apart anyway. That could be part of your problem.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes there is a part called a steering knuckle. If you look at a parts diagram the part that attaches the upper and lower A arms is called a steering knuckle.

oh ok right on... theres just like 3 guys talking about 4 different parts in this thread.... that part would probably be best bought off of ebay.... i imagine they arent cheap from yamaha, and with the number of perfectly good warriors being parted on ebay everyday i wouldnt be afraid of buying used from there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts