Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i have this yamaha warrior that was set on fire, im rebuilding it i have everything but the front of the wiring harness ive looked at tons of wiring diagrams but i cant figure out what the killswitch/start/lights wires are i have a coil and cdi all the stuff that was in the rear but i have no idea what was in the front, can anyone help me?

is there a way to bypass all the kill switch and safety stuff and just use a push button to start? ive had it all hooked up but couldnt get spark

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
there is no short cut if thats what you are looking for. all of the info is in the diagram you just need to recreate whats on paper. i imagine you could bypass all of that stuff but you would have to create something to make the cdi think it was there. i am not sure its worth the effort unless it is something special. find a wrecked one and use the harness or order one on ebay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got the kill switch start button all hooked up I have the ignition key hooked up to a toggle switch I have a light that came off a moto 4 I have all of it hooked up so I have power but I don’t know if that’s everything that was in the front the diagram I’m using only shows the kill switch assembly and the main switch (as in the ignition key switch) and I have that hooked up to a toggle switch I don’t have the neutral or the reverse plugs hooked up would Those need to be hooked up for there to be spark?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
the green wire that goes to the shift lever need to be hooked up or grounded. the blue wire that goes to the neutral switch would need to be hooked up or bipassed to use the starter but would not prevent spark

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here buddy. Out of the Clymer Manual for your year. And remember many of these parts are model and year specific,not all are interchangeable, including electronics. Reference everything against Yamahapartshouse.com. hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys think it would be worth it to buy a stator from amazon or just use eBay? I fried mine not realizing my wires were all grounding on each other

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Amazon or eBay are the same. Spend the money and get one from Ricks motor sports or Ricky stator. The knock offs and oem stators won't take the heat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stators on Ricky motors sports have the 3 yellows wires on the one plug, would it change anything as mine are white? Or do all the wires have to be the same color?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts