Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some a-arms off ebay awhile ago that were supposed to fit a 1988 and up warrior. I went to put them on and found they are an inch wider at the frame mounting points than my 1992 warrior. They do not have removable ball joints like an 87, so I dont know what they are from. Maybe a banshee? Did the 88 have different a-arms? I would like to resell them, but I need to know what they go to first. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
My family has two 88 Warriors.

One of which has A arms from an 87 donor.

The only difference between 87 A arms is the balls joints.

87s are screw in type, whereas 88s are permenantly mounted (welded).

These two years are only interchangeable with eachother.

89 ~ present are all interchangeable with eachother, but will not fit 87~88.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I thought, but my clymer manual said 87 is the only year different than the rest. So 87 and 88 models have 1in wider a arms? Why did they change this? Something with the geomtry? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
87-88 arms mount flat...horizontal...front to back. In 89, the nose of the frame was kicked up slightly to angle the arms. This was supposed to improve suspension action. BUt what was said above about the ball joints is correct. You've got a set of '87-88 arms, and the less valuable 88's, at that (because they don't have the removable balljoints). You got screwed by somebody that either A)didn't know what they were talking about, or B) knew damn good and well that these wouldn't fit the newer models and figured they could slip 'em by and make a LOT more money. The newer arms are worth a lot more, since they fit so many years. The 87-88s are almost worthless.

I'd be contacting the seller and telling them you want your money back. To some extent, you were misled by the year listing, since they DON'T fit 88-up. But the flip side is that, no offense, if you'd've known what years DO interchange, you wouldn't have bought them anyway.

I got caught the same way with a swingarm. The listing read 87-02, and I knew better, but I just glossed right over it and bought it for my '00. It fit the frame, but not my carrier and brake hub. I chalked it up to "I should've read better" and bought a carrier/hub for an 87. Good luck, however you decide to go.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Oh, well, in that case...you'll be okay. You can prolly get $20-30 out of them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My family has two 88 Warriors.

One of which has A arms from an 87 donor.

The only difference between 87 A arms is the balls joints.

87s are screw in type, whereas 88s are permenantly mounted (welded).

These two years are only interchangeable with eachother.

89 ~ present are all interchangeable with eachother, but will not fit 87~88.
So your saying I cant the a arms from a 89 on to my 88

1 - 7 of 7 Posts