Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a regular cab silverado,I like my seats all the way back when I drive. i i want 3 10s behind my seat and i really like rockford fosgate, but i dont know if they have thin 10s so i can put them behind my seat, anyone know who makes a good thin 10?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my truck has a bench seat in it its a regualr cab only for 3 people.. and i dont really want 12s because they are too big and ill need a big box.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
make your own box behind the seat.. my friend did that and he had like 10 speakers back there.. he took a piece of ply wood and a few 2x4's and he just put the ply wood above the 2x4's and drilling that into the back of the cab then cut holes for the speakers and wired it up

·
Registered
586 Posts
i have no idea if thismwill work but make the 3 box skinny so it fits and stuff and put the amp or amps under the seats i dunno its up to you :tup:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I was in the same situation as you, I used to own a reg. cab 2000 S10 and wanted some bass. As you know, space is limited. So, I decided to go with SQ(Sound Quality) instead of SPL(Sound Pressure Level or bass).

Here is a pic of the set-up I had:

The bass was tight and clean because it was an Boston Acoustic 8" sub.

I find that reg. cabs with 10's acts like a box and is louder with the windows down.

Good luck and let us know what you decide on.

Ice

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not sure if ill actually go with 3 10s. i might just go with 2 good ones to save some $.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the amp is going under the drivers seat, i dont want to build it on the box because it will take away air space for the subs. i want to get a whole rockford fosgate set up.

·
Registered
960 Posts
IMO! JL AUDIO makes the best subs and amps out there, I would check into them. They also make some special boxes for trucks which I haven't had expeirence with but look pretty good. And up front I'd get a pioneer setup! :tup:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Get 1 12 inch Kicker Solobaric or 2 10 inch Rockford's or 1 12 inch Audiobahn :tup:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Iceman said:
I was in the same situation as you, I used to own a reg. cab 2000 S10 and wanted some bass. As you know, space is limited. So, I decided to go with SQ(Sound Quality) instead of SPL(Sound Pressure Level or bass).

I find that reg. cabs with 10's acts like a box and is louder with the windows down.

Ice
nice setup man... very clean... i was thinkin bout getting a 8" Boston sub but talked myself out of it... they make some very high quality subs and speakers...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im pretty sure ill get 2 rockford fosgate 10s. what rockford fosgate amp would be good with them?

·
Registered
586 Posts
sounds good :tup: get the rockford punch the 12's sounds good so y wouldnt the 10's ... and if i were u id used like a all 4 guage wiring kit :tup:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
ZBlaster said:
Iceman said:

Ice
nice setup man... very clean... i was thinkin bout getting a 8" Boston sub but talked myself out of it... they make some very high quality subs and speakers...
Thanks, I miss this system, it was clean and tight. I agree with you that BA is quality equipment.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
audiobahn is a good brand, my friend has one 12 in his blazer and that thing hits hard.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts