Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a 09 450yfz that only sparks when you cut the on &off button on &off. It'll spark twice quit, cut it.off and back on It'll spark twice again and quit.
I've replaced everything I could think of starting from cdi box to stator down to the neutral safety switch. Can any one give me any advice qhat could cause it to spark then quit. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
did you use cheap amazon parts. did you test all of the components before and after replacing. if you used the cheap amazon stuff you could still have bad components. you dont mention regulator, stator, or coil. coil packs and the connections to the coil pack can be an issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some parts I did buy off Amazon. I think the neutral safety switch, ignition switch, and rectifier came from Amazon everything else is oem. Ive, replaced stator, coil pack, rectifier, ignition switch, neutral safety switch, cdi box. A guy mentioned the other day to me about the clutch switch. In order for.it to work does the wires need to be open or tied together if I by pass it

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Clutch switch has nothing to do with spark. It just prevents cranking. Reohm the stator and look really close at the wires and plug that go to the coil pack. They will break in the plug and make random contact. Is the key switch oem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts