Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am working on a 05 raptor 660r with no spark. i have tried a new plug and it still didnt have any fire so i tested the stator, pulser coil, coil, tried a new ignition switch off a different bike, cdi box, and coil still no spark. after a few days of messing with it i ordered a new stator, pulser coil, coil, and regulator. i checked the magnets in the fly wheel and everything looked fine. got it put back together and still no spark. i checked the starter relay and it clicks when i crank it over. i messed with the thumb kill switch and took it all apart, i unplugged the stator and the recificator and still no spark when i crank it. any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
those have a crank position sensor, check that if its good you are down to checking the kill switches with an ohm meter and running the harness for shorts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
those have a crank position sensor, check that if its good you are down to checking the kill switches with an ohm meter and running the harness for shorts
where is the crank sensor located? and how do i ohm out the switches?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I think its on the right down low but I don't remember for sure. Set your meter to the beep. Should beep with the switch one way and stop the other

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think its on the right down low but I don't remember for sure. Set your meter to the beep. Should beep with the switch one way and stop the other
i check the switches and they beep with them in the on postion and i checked the crank sensor. there was three wires on it, black with white stripe, orange, and pink. I could not get a beep out of it and i tried the orange to pink and the orange to black, pink to black and pink to orange, black to pink and black to orange and still couldnt get a beep. so that meand that its bad right? or and i supposed to test it another way?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You will have to find a manual for the specs and do an ohms test. Same basic teat for the stator and pickup coils but you will need the numbers

·
8,530 Posts
Manual is in the Tech Thread at the top of the 660 threads. Church for a sheered flywheel key if nothing else works

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the fly wheel key and it isn't sheared. I tested most of the harness and everything checked out good. what else, I couldn't find a crank sensor just a sensor I think it was the speed sensor but i'm not sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts