Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
New to the forum.
I know this problem has been posted many times on many forums as I have been researching this thing for hours now. Hopefully I can get the answer before spending too much on parts.
I have an 03 wolverine that stopped working after plowing this winter. (I was working it pretty hard). After it died, I let it sit for an hour or so thinking it was overheated. I did get it to start one more time but then it died within a minute. I checked everything according to the forums, wiring, switches, grounds, battery, pull start, etc, etc. Took the coil off and had it tested at the shop. It is good. Put in new plug, checked all connections. I have full lights, my starter turns and everything else seems normal except I get no spark at all. Doesnt work with the pull start either. I changed the pick up coil after reading something similar to my problem. That wasnt it. I figured it was the cdi so I bought a used one to try (cant be positive it was good, being used, but was told it was). That didnt work. Now I am thinking the stator? I have a multimeter with only one ohm setting so when i tried it on the pickup coil it gave me resistance of 325 and according to my repair manual it says it should be 459-561. I tested the wires on the stator and that gave me 0.8 for wires 1 and 2 and tested wires 1 and 3 which gave me 0.7 The manual says it should be 0.45-0.55 so I am thinking the stator is bad as these numbers seem far off. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i normally work back from the spark plug like you have done and change everythink and the only thing left by the sounds of it is the stator which has the trigger sensor attached that tells the cdi when to fire and i would think it would be this thats packed up, so I say change it but just double check on you loom for cuts or trap wires.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 03 wolverine. No spark, changed coil, stator/trigger assy, checked spark plug cap, ignition switch, engine on/off switch, main fuse, wiring and connections and finally new CDi box. Totally missing something - don't get it. New parts include spark plug , coil, stator /trigger , and CDI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue with my 03 wolverine. No spark, changed coil, stator/trigger assy, checked spark plug cap, ignition switch, engine on/off switch, main fuse, wiring and connections and finally new CDi box. Totally missing something - don't get it. New parts include spark plug , coil, stator /trigger , and CDI.
Did you ever get it to start??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts