Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Wolverine 350. Bought it and it has no power. Did not smoke when I bought it but now it does after a week of having it. I rebuilt the carb thinking it was the issue with the no power but it did not help. Its smoking really bad right now. Cranks right up still but still no power and smoking. Does any one know if its the rings or the valves. I thinks its hit and miss on the smoking but its getting worse. Its pretty much smoking alot when riding it. I have no clue how the guy I bought it from stopped it from smoking when I bought it. I havnt done anything extreme to it. Please Help. Thnks

·
Registered
165 Posts
Have you added oil to it? I've seen smokers run until they burn up all the oil then they quit smoking for a brief time before they lock up. Did you check the oil before you bought it? Did you look at the end of the muffler for signs of oil before you bought it? Air filter condition?

·
Banned
114 Posts
You have only to check the battery terminals to be tight and clean cables. The battery must be in good condition. But after rebuilding the carb if it smokes you have to see its oil position, if you are riding it without oil, it may stop smoking until seized.

·
Registered
45 Posts
your wolverine need new piston and ring it should be bore with oversize piston. use namura piston or wiseco or oem .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts