Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 01 Warrior 350 bored to 380, and just discovered the right side of the camshaft is rounded. My question is what could cause this? And where can I find a replacement for a good price? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
got any pics?
Not of the actual shaft, I just looked through the cap on the top end and saw that it was rounded. We literally picked it up 3 hours ago and we're in the process of tearing it apart now, but we are done for the day. But here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
you might be looking at the wrong part of the cam, go look at them on ebay and you'll see one section of it is actually round.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Don't see anything wrong there and ill bet $5 it's not a 380

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you might be looking at the wrong part of the cam, go look at them on ebay and you'll see one section of it is actually round.
That may be, I'm new to engines all together but I'm learning from my dad who used to work with car engines and motorcycle engines all the time in the 70's and 80's. anyway the engine is still on the bike right now with only a few parts off. Would it be beneficial to put the misc pieces back on such as the carb and stuff to see if I could get it running? Or since I'm suspecting the camshaft is bad, will that screw up something else if I try starting it? And should i actually tear it apart to make sure? Here are some pics of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was it running before you tore it down?
I bought it with some of the engine taken apart. The guy said I just need to put it back together. He claims it was running before, but I still don't know why he was taking it apart in the first place. And he also had the chain for the cam off so that's why we suspected the shaft or something with it was not right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
if its not to far taken apart id throw it back together and see if you can get a spark and if it will turn over.

·
Super Moderator
8,556 Posts
Has to be an oiling issue.. How do the rockers look?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, after further inspection I found that the cam isn't rounded out, but it does have free movement 1/3 turn before making contact with rocker arms. Is this amount of play normal? Or is something worn out?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Also, after further inspection I found that the cam isn't rounded out, but it does have free movement 1/3 turn before making contact with rocker arms. Is this amount of play normal? Or is something worn out?
I think your fine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone for answer my questions on my own false inspections! After a full day, I got it started and am doing donuts in the snow in Illinois! Just ordered brake pads, Battery and a-arm bushings to further the completion of my project. (Pictures are before and after. Bought yesterday in pieces)

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
lookin good! some advice from a fellow warrior owner:
1. the stators go bad very frequently. so if you have no spark there is a good chance its your stator
2. get some nerf bars. saved me from broken bones several times
3. Get a nice airfilter and drill some holes in the airbox
4. throw a pipe on it
5. jet the carb
6. ride like hell!

·
Registered
417 Posts
If he was messing with the timing chain you might want to do a quicky compression check to make sure there arent any bent valves from a timing chain break/timing jump. As my nick can tell you, I'm familiar with that. Pull the plug and crank it and see if its getting any pressure with your thumb held over the plug hole.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds normal, would throw it back together before you take it completely apart then start putting bad parts back in the wheeler. at least this way you can drive it and see whats wrong first

1 - 19 of 19 Posts