Blue Traxx Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
8 or 9, it is a complete disassembly. If you are a patient person and use the manual it is not real complicated, just time consuming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it is a bit difficult a lot of parts pieces and tight tolerences you will need a press.. and a few not so common hand tools... if you got all that your set..... oh and you need some cash

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey i just purchased a 2001 raptor 660. After reading about transmission issues im thinking of trading/selling it. Is there anyway i could tell if someones already gotten in there and replaced it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I know this is a really old forum but I have an issue, I locked up the gearbox and found out 2nd broke while I was shifting down, so then we rebuilt it and bought an 02+ 2nd and 4th We changed everything to make it work like the selector and so on and now about a month ago it locked up again and I have no clue on what to do, should I just change all the gears or can I buy stronger aftermarket ones? I don’t want this to happen again

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
Hi I know this is a really old forum but I have an issue, I locked up the gearbox and found out 2nd broke while I was shifting down, so then we rebuilt it and bought an 02+ 2nd and 4th We changed everything to make it work like the selector and so on and now about a month ago it locked up again and I have no clue on what to do, should I just change all the gears or can I buy stronger aftermarket ones? I don’t want this to happen again
Yukon gear used to make an aftermarket. Not sure if they still do. They typical failure is broken 2nd gear engagement dogs. I haven't heard much about 4th great problem. I've replaced transmission, I find it easier to order a complete 02+ replacement of eBay

21 - 28 of 28 Posts