Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking on the forum for about two years but need to get specific so here I am.

The bike is a 96 and it’s been cobbled together and never really ran right. Big case of the shit farts. Stock jets leaves an oily gassy black plug. I got it to run better by dropping 7-8 sizes smaller but I don’t think that is the correct fix.

Going through the wiring harness tonite I discovered a mix of 90-96 and 97-x according to the clymer manual I have. Specifically where the fused link ties into the harness and the where starter relay. Does anyone know for sure that the clymer diagrams are correct?

The hot fuseable link was crimped into the reds on the main switch and regulator ala 97 but I have a 6 pin regulator ala 96. The starter solenoid contacts are grounded 96 style (blue to multiple blacks) but powered 97 style through start ckt relay.

Can’t read cdi but has 13 wires 4-3-4 wire connectors plus orange and frame ground (96?)
6-pin regulator ( 96.)
No park switch
4+3pin mag/stator colored 96 style

Any help would be great

Thanks in advance
Ryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Has gas and spark, compression around 90 COLD. Sometimes compression will rise enough that the starter will struggle to turn it over.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
90 is way to low. check your valve adjustment. good luck on fixed the cobbled wiring if it was me i would look for a good used harness. that is not right, is your pipe plugged might also explain the compression. the packing blows out and plugs the arrestor. do a good check of the boot and rebuild the carb. get the compression up and check the pipe, after that we can explore jetting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did a leak down test and air was whistling out the timing mark hole. pulled the head and it appears the cylinder is a little out of round, but there was no a-ha moment. did find a lot of ferrous shrapnel below in the flywheel cavity. looks like a lot of wear on a thrust washer on the rod bearing. looks like im splitting the cases..........fml

·
Registered
48 Posts
also get a new harness, read the number on the CDI for best id info. draw a picture with the colors and I can tell you the number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts