Blue Traxx Forum banner

Upgrades

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  diggerzmound 
#1 ·
What would be the best upgrades to make my blaster faster. Like specific parts and brands

#2 ·
i dont have part numbers and brands for you; that is half of the fun anyway. a good relatively cheap place to start opening the air box, slip on pipe and jetting. that will get you some good bang for your buck. from there skys the limit. you can do reeds, stroker crank, big bore kits, custom head and port work.

you are only limited by your bank account. you asked what the best upgrades would be. it is really easy to get caught up in building up and modifying a machine but keep these thins in mind especially with a blaster. when you go to sell a machine the next guy does not give a crap how much time and money you sink into a machine it is only worth what an average blaster is worth in the same condition. they have a notoriously short wheel base giving them a choppy almost dangerous ride and more power will accentuate that. no matter how much money you throw at it it will never be a banshee. you could quickly have 5 grand into a 1000 dollar machine.

it is not always about the money or the value sometimes you just have to build it ( i have a cj5 in that category) but if hanging with the banshee's and yfz is your goal sell the blaster and take a third of the money you would have put into it and buy the machine you want. i have not seen a lot of hopped up blaster talk on here but when they do come up vito's is mentioned. i am not into 2 strokes so i have not dealt with them my self. v force or boysen will bee a good choice for reeds. fmf and toomey both make pipes for the blaster, the vitos big bore stroker kit is available on ebay.

i know this is not what you asked for but i hope it helps you make some decisions. i have not read the thread my self but i bet a lot of this is covered in this thread elsewhere as well

#3 ·
like corey5200 said man if you're trying to hang with 450's and banshee's your best bet would be to upgrade to a bigger machine. I can personally say when I built my blaster I rode it stock till it blew(my first 2 stroke and didn't have the foresight to delete the dam oil injection) and then I got a full DG header for next to nothing and an fmf slip on, opened the air box(get a decent pre filter if you do this) put boysen reeds(not bad at all but I hear the vforce reeds are well worth the money)I bored it .20 over(with a piston and ring combo that I got from vito's performance, I suggest you check them out)DELEATED THE OIL PUMP!! lol even know it was on me. You cant forget the jetting, its the most important mod of them all or well tune...ok ill call it a mod. You could have 3 grand into your motor but if its not tuned/jetted properly it will be a paperweight. Seriously though check vito's performance out and motosport.com is a decent site for general/basic stuff I would say anyone else care to chime in on them. But my point is just with the listed mods I was able to hang with a banshee in tight trails no problem but once we hit an open stretch obviously the banshee was long gone. hope this little bit of info helps ya out with your mod decisions.

#4 ·
It really depends on what you are doing. If you are a smaller framed person racing it on an MX track, suspension will make you faster with motor mods. If you are riding it in the trails engine mods and suspension will make you faster. If you are trying to drag race, get something else!

My blaster is bored and stroked with Vito's parts. It's snappy and nimble but will never be fast at the drag strip. It has been a great machine to teach my kids to ride while still doing just fine with them on it in the sandy trails and dunes where more power is needed. You put my 200+ lb ass on it, its not real impressive at the dunes, but is still fun to ride on hard pack.

Start with The airbox like stated before, get a clamp on filter adapter, the lid on the box is restrictive. Get a pipe on it, most Blaster pipes will yield the same results.

Just be careful as stated before and weigh your options. If you are a bigger guy trying to keep up with banshees, your money is better thrown at a banshee.

You WILL outgrow the blaster no matter how old or big you are right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.