All carburetor jetting hands on deck! - Page 2 - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 Old 12-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Garage
i dont think i had the long screws on any of my warriors but 25 bucks does not seem like to much for a quality part. i started with the cheap one on my yfz long story short i got to buy it and the expensive one. i never had any trouble with my warriors either i just put it at 2.5turns out and it was close enough. those motors are not that picky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 Old 12-07-2018, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Location: I live in Bay City MI. If you looked at your right hand, I'm where your thumb & pointer finger meet
Garage
OK bro, I'm just gonna order the good one. Do I need one for both carbs or can I get away with just one? Because theoretically I guess once I have one part dialed in I can just count the turns or where its at and set the stock air screw back in at the same place? It's just close to Christmas and I'm already broke ya know.
post #23 of 34 Old 12-07-2018, 09:33 AM

Garage
its up to you but the the mix screw setting is different for each carb. one is primary on the pilot setting and the other top end. mine are just over half a turn different
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 34 Old 12-07-2018, 09:42 AM

Garage
in your last post i thought your were looking for a screw for your warrior. i found these works connection screws on the dennis kirk web site for 20 bucks each Works Connection Fuel Mixture Screw Assembly - 26-106
Part #: 173624
Manufacturer Part #: 26-106
https://www.denniskirk.com/works-con...d=228600803220
still not cheap but a little better
post #25 of 34 Old 12-11-2018, 08:08 PM
Crowd Control

Garage
Send a message via AIM to diggerzmound Send a message via Yahoo to diggerzmound
Do not get an airbox eliminator. They make it even more difficult to jet and the one machine I worked on never ran right..

Yes you can turn the same turns, there are 2 carbs but only one cylinder so its not critical..

01' Raptor 720, Stage 2, FCR'd
97' 250 Vitos Blaster
06' Rhino 450
94' Banshee T-5's, Vforce, ported, Cool Head, 2-1
06' Wolverine 450 - Stock!
06' LTZ 440
94' Vmax4 750, 96' 600 MountainMax, 07' Nytro(b00sTed)
06' Vmax 1200
post #26 of 34 Old 12-19-2018, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Location: I live in Bay City MI. If you looked at your right hand, I'm where your thumb & pointer finger meet
Garage
What I bought

@DIGGERz & Cory : Sorry for no update sooner but because of Christmas I've been busy. I ended up going this route. I bought jets 162.5, 160, 165, & 170 Mikuni along with a pair of new .25 pilots. All of which I am returning. I ordered the Dyno jet stage 2 carburetor kit, the pair of Vito air fuel brass screws, the billet aluminum air filter adapter for the air filter box and already have an Uni filter with the secondary filter, new packing for the Duncan muffler which I believe has none in it because it is so loud and the end piece where you take apart the housing, one of the screws broke, so I am figuring the guy who traded me for my stock muffler went to replace the packing, broke the screw and then was looking for someone to trade with . I already have the muffler packing, Dyno jet kit will be here in two days, I also ordered a tube of high heat silicone, new exhaust gaskets. Man I have read so many people say that the dyno jet kit worked amazing for them and they just followed the directions. I'll have the dyno jet stage 2 needles and I guess I could keep the mikuni jets but everyone who has the stage 2 loves it plus It looks like the dyno jet kit just arrived according to the text I just received. Do you guys any advice you can give on how I should run the air box? With or without the lid? Holes? Put one of those filters in the cover? Or any advice on how to get that screw lose thatís broken off inside the muffler cap end? I will probably just drill it out with my dremel and a tiny drill bit. Which sucks. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Btw I'll have that video to show you guys once itís together so you can hear how itís running or if it still is acting funny. Thanks!

JMH
post #27 of 34 Old 12-19-2018, 03:28 PM

Garage
i like the dyna jet kit in mine the mikuni jet will be worthless if you use the dynajet kit they dont interchange. i would leave the lid and cut it out and cover it with the outers cloth. i posted a pic of what i did but put it in the yfz thread i think. it was a struggle for me to post the pic but on page one of this thread i said where i put it exactly. if you dont take the lid off or poke some holes in it your stage 2 needles will be wasted. small drill bit and patience on the broken screw. use heat on the rest of them if they are to tough. they may have red locktite, you need about 600 degrees to release that stuff
post #28 of 34 Old 12-20-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok cool I will just set my heat gun at 750 and warm it up after I drill a small hole with my dremel. Then I will try to run my super small easy out in it. Hopefully the other screws will come right out. I can't see the picture of what you did with yours in the YFZ450 forum. I can give you my email if you want to email them to me or my cell number so you can just send them to me via text. I want my setup like yours because you said yours works good.

And as you guys had mentioned before, I am going to check my valves one last time. I checked them once before, set them up, but I did not rotate the whole thing two or three times and re check them again. I read in my clymer it is important to do that. Plus I think I am just going to remove my entire exhaust, wire wheel it or sand blast it, clean up the Duncan slip and have the whole thing coated or possibly paint it with that Ceramic heat paint so it looks nice and lasts. Anyone ever have problems with the gas bubbling / boiling?
@cory- Is that an Outerwears cover that you have on there? I could easily put that on mine using my dremel and a template. I just realized, that the outerwears doesn't come with the framing.... I wonder if I can get someone who has one to trace the frame onto a piece of paper so I can cut one out of a piece of steel or aluminum to put that filter on the lid.

Plus with these new Vito fuel air screws I should be able to tune this thing into running like a raped ape!!

JMH

Last edited by jason9922; 12-20-2018 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Question to add for COry
post #29 of 34 Old 12-20-2018, 01:51 PM

Garage
if you want to pm me your cell i will text you the pic.
post #30 of 34 Old 12-20-2018, 02:22 PM

Garage
i made the trim ring myself. first cut the hole the size you want in the lid, next trace the hole onto a piece of aluminum and add a half inch or so and cut it out with tin snips (make sure you allow for this when you cut your hole), cut the cloth to match the outer diameter of the trim ring and glue it down with silicon, glue the trim ring to the cloth with silicon and then screw or rivet the ring down. took about 2 hours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outerwears-...4cMf:rk:1:pf:0

that is a link to the cloth

as far as the paint goes i have just bbq black pain it works but is not to fancy.
post #31 of 34 Old 01-04-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Cory, with the holidays getting engaged I've been busy but tonight I'm going to be able to start putting in my Stage 2 kit, Vito fuel screws (I am excited about those, I'll be able to adjust on the fly without issue), I have to break apart my exhaust and remove it, repack my muffler, I am going to ceramic coat my entire exhaust, put my KFX 450 R shocks on the front (eventually will be sending both fronts and rear to JOGGCA to have them built to my weight and style, but for now its better than pogo sticks) and the last thing I wanted to ask you about is you ever see anyone put beadlock rings on OEM rims like they do for lifted trucks? I understand they won't be as good as the beadlock rims its just I don't have $150 to spend on two rear rims currently and did pick up a pair of awesome mudding tires with stud holes (I live on a rive which will be frozen soon) and was thinking about trying to put the beadlock rings on after a few customer welds. I am not talking about running a bead around the whole thing but maybe 8 half inch long welds to hold things tight. Whattya thing?

JMH
post #32 of 34 Old 01-04-2019, 07:51 PM

Garage
i am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with the bead lock and i dont run them but welding something to the outside would not not work. i think the fixed ring is on the inside and the outside ring bolts to it but again i dont do mud so not much use for them. when i get some time i will look into it and if you could post a few pics of what you have i might have an idea. the rest sounds pretty cool
post #33 of 34 Old 01-07-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah dude I like an idiot just youtubed bead lockers and there is a video of a guy showing how they add the rings to the rims and basically after you tac weld it, the bolts going through the bead ring into the tire keep it from slipping and make it so when you bump into tree stumps or what not you don't get a flat.

JMH
post #34 of 34 Old 05-02-2019, 01:49 AM

160/165 is the standard combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerzmound View Post

I cant understand why Duncan Recommends the big difference in size between the two jets, most setups I have seen are 5 number size apart. 160/165 for example.

He doesn't. #1. 160/165 is the standard setup for an exhaust with no baffle basically straight pipes. #2 There is very little difference between 160 and 165. #3 This is a special case because very few motors have ONE cylinder being fed by TWO carburetors. If it were two cylinders and two carbs you would not want them that far off.

Main Jet: Right 165, Left 160
Pilot Jets: 22.5 (both carbs) --> stock jetting is 22.5 ---supposedly when the pipe is changed and the K&N air filter you need to run #25 pilots.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode