New clutch will not engage!!! help - Yamaha ATV Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

New clutch will not engage!!! help

I just installed a new gytr clutch on my raptor i pre-soaked the clutch plates before installing them. I did everything from the book but abviously i missed something please help im going to glamis this thursday... thank for the help in advance....

05 660 Raptor
Big Gun Evo, Dyno Jet, Pro Design Intake,Trail Tech Lights, G-Force Axle, and some other stuff.

07 YFZ 450 - Bone stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Primo Member

Send a message via Yahoo to phucker
pull it back apart and see whats going on, but first check to make sure you dont have the clutch cable adjusted to tight
post #3 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Primo Member

Send a message via AIM to warrior-man
Im guessing you did the same thing i did but i dont not know. My problem was that when i installed the cover i did not rotate the arm enough so it did not engage on the teeth right and wouldn't pull the clutch out. If you did that, good for you and im sorry i cant help, but if you didnt or dont remember, re-read the book because im not 100% on how to do it but you have to rotate the arm enough so when you slide the cover on it sets up right.

2001 Raptor- 686, Pro Circuit pipe, L&A One way, nerfs, kendas, Alba flame graphics with powdercoat job to match, everything metal powdercoated
"Thats like stuffin D cup titties in an A cup bra, just let them puppies go" - Nolan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I figured it out guys... it was such a stupid mistake im not even gonna mention it... thanks though

05 660 Raptor
Big Gun Evo, Dyno Jet, Pro Design Intake,Trail Tech Lights, G-Force Axle, and some other stuff.

07 YFZ 450 - Bone stock
post #5 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to NateDiggity
ah comon mention it, might help someone else who makes the same stupid mistake

2004 Raptor-Barkers.Wiseco.HotCams.K&K.G-Force.Hella.GYTR.K&N.EyeBall
Eng.Pure Sports.AC.UM.White Brothers.Pro Designs.Trail Tech.SunStar.Works
2006 Z400 (GF's Bike)-Pink Plastics.SunStar.AC.Trail Tech.LTE Duals

Thank You Soliders!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Crowd Control

yep, you gotta post it so 2 years from now some guy is googling around and finds this and then knows how to fix his!!

~Hefe~
post #7 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 10:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to luckyluch
Did you tighten the springs to tight? When i replaced mine my cluthc would not engage because i overtightend the springs. Also what warrior-man said it right. If the arm is not set right then the cluthc is not going to work. or it will slip...
post #8 of 8 Old 02-13-2007, 10:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to luckyluch
Did you tighten the springs to tight? When i replaced mine my cluthc would not engage because i overtightend the springs. Also what warrior-man said it right. If the arm is not set right then the cluthc is not going to work. or it will slip...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode