LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-21-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Warrior 1992 misfire

Hello guys,

I have a bad misfire on my warrior 350 1992 but i can't show you because the site doesn't let me.

I bypassed the reverse switch (grounded it), i bypassed the clutch safety switch (shorted the two wires together) and i disconect the neutral safety switch and nothing has changed. The coil and the spark plugs are brand new, i just cleaned the carburator, the air filter is brand new and the valves are adjuster. I even tried another stator. Does anyone have an idea what my problem could be ?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Simqc34; 10-21-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-21-2019, 07:22 PM

Garage
check all of your grounds and plugs. then test the stator and pickup coils. my guess is a bad ground or bad pickup
post #3 of 4 Old 10-21-2019, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

But the other stator that i tried had another pickup and source coil. And and i forgot to mention that it only does it when it's hot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 10-21-2019, 09:27 PM

Garage
you cant take a willynilly approach to electrical demons or just start replacing stuff without testing. you will never figure it out. regardless of how old, you need to test the stator, pickup and primary coil with an ohm meter. if they are good as i said above clean and tighten all of your grounds and clean and put dielectric grease in all of the connectors. with that done you can rule those components and move on. if all of that is good the next step is to charge the battery overnight and unplug the rectifier and see if that fixes it. if it does replace the rectifier. if that does not do it you will need to pull the harness and make sure there are no shorts in it. warriors have a bad reputation for rubbing shorts in the harness. i have had 3 and had to repair all three. i had one warrior that would die when it got hot, the prefilter screen on the drain plug was clogged and caused the machine to overheat and cooked the stator. it also had a big bore and even after cleaning the screen i ended up haveing ricky stator build me a custom stator with silicon wires to completely cure the problem. if you get through all of that and are still having the issue i would then suspect the cdi. in general they are a work or dont work situation so i would not start there. there is not test for the cdi you have to rule out all of the other components. i have seen 1 or 2 that fail when they get hot and kinda reset but its rare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha ATV Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in