Blue Traxx Forum banner

01 warrior 350 NO SPARK! PLS HELP!

16K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Adudz 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently baught a warrior 350 and the owner told me he rode it then shut it off and went to ride again in the same day and no spark. I put a New stator in it. He had put a brand New ignition coil and cdi in it as well. I tested the kill switch and I also tried bypassing the clutch safety switch and nothing. Battery is freshly charges too. I also put a new spark plug in it. This is one of my first atv's that I've owned. I feel like I tried everything PLS HELP ME, THANS

#2 ·
so it turns over and has no spark? check your grounds first. then you will need to test all the electrical components. just because they are new does not mean they are good, especially if you used the cheap ebay crap. if that all tests good check all of the plugs for a good connection. if those are good you will need to pull the harness and inspect it for shorts. there is no short cut to electrical problems you have to go step by step. order yourself the clymer manual and get your self a good meter and start ruling stuff out.

#5 · (Edited)
He does say the year right in the title. 01. Tom you can test any switch. Why would you say that? The only switch you can simply unplug on a warrior is the parking brake switch and it has nothing to do with spark. The only electrical component you cant test ( because there are no published specs) is the cdi . it is said to be faulty when everything else tests good. I suspect that one of his new parts are bad but that is hard to determine until the wiring is proven good

#8 · (Edited)
Kill switches on bikes and ATVs short out the HV, so when they are running there can easily be 200 volts on the switch. It may test fine with a dc ohm meter but not run because of corrosion, dirt, etc. So what I should say is you cannot reliably test a kill switch. I make and sell new CDis for Yamaha and have seen this several times when a new CDI does not fix a no spark because of this.

#9 ·
I too also have the same problem... I can't seem to figure out why I have no spark... I was riding it, shut it off and a little while later went to ride it and no spark... I get a faint pulse from the orange wire before the ignition coil but nothing after the coil

#11 ·
Im new to the gremlins that plague these tough atvs, but...

I had the same thing with mine. It happened more than once while i have been trying to tune it. Turned out my key switch was bad. I would check that.

When I popped the switch apart, I found the contacts had wore through. I jumped it out to test it was the issue, and put on another new(used) one. No more random dying and no spark issues.

#13 ·
Ok so ive replaced the orange wire and ignition coil l, tested it with a test light its all good now but spark plug isnt getting spark (just bought the plug today) so could it just not be turning over enough to generate a spark ( before replacing the coil and orange wire i had absolutely no spark and light didnt light up. Now i get a light but no spark at the plug)

#14 ·
I replaced the stator because previous owner gave me it and said the old one wasnt correct. I changed the cdi because according to manual u cant test em. Also with the old one the relay that should click when u press the clutch doesnt but with the new cdi it does. I just replaced the ignition coil because it wasnt within spec and i was getting a signal to the coil. After i moved the quad i notoced i no longer had sognal so i replaced the orange wire and now i have signal b4 and after coil but no spark

#16 ·
so you have a signal to the end of the plug wire and not through the plug? i suspect the plug is bad. other options you say you replaced the stator, did you test the new one? it may be bad or the wrong generation. try running a jumper lead from the threads on the plug directly to the neg battery terminal, you engine ground could be bad. is the small black wire off of the big wire plugged into the harness? have your tested the switch on the bars? was the cdi a cheap knock off one, i have had them do exactly what you are describing.

#17 ·
Yes i get signal all the way through the plug wire. Just got a brand new plug yesterday. The stator came with it, i installed it and ive noticed theres 2 wires in the one clip on the stator green and red, the red one goes to a white or brown wire in the harness( not looking at it rn so not sure if the wore is white or brown) and the green goes to the red on the harness. I assume this isnt correct at all because usually green is a negative and red is positive so they probably shouldnt go together. Should i try and flip them by snipping the wires and reversing them? Yes the cdi is a knock off i payed like 35 dollars for it, but i wanna see if it could be that those stator wires first.

#19 · (Edited)
Green does not necessarily mean ground for Yamaha, and red is usually ground. If you have a stator that the wire colors do not match the harness I would return it and get one good enough to at least use that standard. You can not completely trust any stator made in China and most are.

As to the wire colors you have, on the stator you should have red and white on one plug and brown and green on the other. Confirm there is continuity across these to sets of wires (r to w, and brn to g) but not between them. Inside the CDI the white wire is ground and the red is high for the pickup. The brown becomes brown/white at the stator plug and the green is ground inside the CDI but may not test that way with a meter.

#20 ·
I am running low on time to work on it for now, so I have someone who is going to take a look at it for me, I ended up having to change the orange wore to get signal it wasn’t the greatest so I had a good signal and tested the ignition coil because it was bad, I tested and got a signal to the coil and after, but no spark at the brand new plug, so after I went and checked for signal again now no signal at all, again. But I have someone who’s going to take a look at it for me but just thought I’d let you know , and I’ll keep you updated with any info I get and how it was fixed if it gets fixed.

#21 ·
Checking for 'signal' on the orange wire is not very scientific, that signal is about 150 to 200 volts DC and is meant to be dumped into a load of less than 1Ω. Almost a short. Also worth noting, if you crank the engine without a good path for the secondary of the coil to ground, i.e. through the plug, it can ruin the coil as it will try to jump inside and create a path to ground. Sounds like you may have a bad or incorrect coil.

#22 ·
I finally got back to working on it ab a month ago and finally got it running I decided to take a look at the harness one last time and right at a part where the wires bend the on from the stator to the cdi was broken so I fixed it and now it runs, just doing some finishing touches. I repainted it, resealed the stator because it was throwing oil everywhere, repaired the intake boot, put a new air filter on, changed the oil, cleaned the carb and much more. Thanks fo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.